Changing part UOM Conversion Factor

AND ALSO if there are previous transactions at this level, and now you’re adding NEW transactions at a different level, your Finance department may come looking for you to share their government-supplied accommodations. Make sure you know the full extent of what you’re doing before messing with this stuff.

1 Like

I have tried closing all sales orders, closing all jobs and zeroing out QOH and it still will not let me change the UOM conversion factor for a part that needs to be changed. I have probably under 100 parts that need to be changed so I will give the options to my boss and let them make the decision lol.

FWIW - It appears that just using the part and UOM on a PO locks the Part’s UOM conversion factor.

I did some testing on a part with a Part Specific UOM. After several different transaction types, I was still able to change the conversion factor.

1. Created parttrans via Qty Adj, could still change the factor (even with non-zero QOH)
  2. Used on an Order, could still change the factor
  3. Customer Shipment against the Order, could still change the factor

1. Created a PO using the Part & UOM, and could no longer change factor
  2. Received the PO (thus closing it), and could no longer change factor

Pretty much anything I tried (unreceiving, reopen PO and change UOM on line, zeroing out QOH, etc…) and the UOM conversion remained locked.

1 Like

@ckrusen that doesn’t make since because we would never purchase these parts because we manufacture them and sale them so we wouldn’t create a PO for these parts. I wonder if it has to do with the Default UOM is EA but we still sale it in LB and EA. So when we have a part transaction that requires the use of the UOM conversion factor from EA to LB that is when it locks it so you can’t change it…

But you do make Jobs for them. Which is like a PO, as it is the thing that satisfies the demand for the part. Just a guess…

@ckrusen that is true so that could be a possible reason why it is locked.

Just saw this work around:

@ckrusen I tried that this morning and it doesn’t save when I check the override check box and hit save. when I refresh it after saving it automatically unchecks that box and the ConvFactor is still grayed out.

Was worth a try.

One last thing to try … Make a uBAQ, to see if it can be changed there. Sometimes its the UI that prevents chages from actually happening.

For example, if you have only one Company, unchecking the "Valid for company " box on a report style, won’t be saved.

But in a uBAQ I made, I can change it, and it remains saved. FTR - this property isn’t a Boolean of whether the style is valid, but rather a string of the list of Companies it is valid for.

You don’t even have to make a dashboard. Make the uBAQ and the changes to the updatble fields can be done with the Analyze tab.

Forget trying the uBAQ method. The PartUOM fields don’t get saved on a uBAQ update. :frowning:

@ckrusen @jbowen07 I had the same problem… So, I got this feature request vetted through the Epicor Ideas, currently in the “for future consideration” status. Now, all we need is enough votes to have the Dev team give it some serious consideration.

If this is a feature you would use, please go VOTE for it! You will need to get access to the Epicor Ideas portal first. Support can get you setup. :slight_smile:
Search for UOM
https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ERP-I-485

Screenshot…

I actually found a way to do this. Although it will not allow you to change the PartUOM.hasbeenused via DMT, it will allow you to change it using a data directive. Add a data directive to the conversionoverride (or a custom check box…which is what I did) and then reset the field to “false” when the check box is checked (and saved/refreshed) and it will open up the conversion field to edit.
This is in 10.1.500 for clarification.

1 Like