Checkbox in BAQ

I want the option in a BAQ to display Released jobs or both Released and Planned using a checkbox. I was not able to figure out how to make them work. I tried two checkboxes and the second one was “Or” but that didn’t work.

Thanks in advance.

I usually set up a calculated field that has “openboth” “closedboth” for the values. And then in my dashboard I have the options typed into the drop down “open”,“closed” and “*both” for a startwith filter. The * works as a wildcard. I don’t show those columns (I show the check boxes) but you can still filter by them. You should be able to use the same technique for released and planned.

Are you doing this in a BAQ or a dashboard?

Both a BAQ and a Dashboard. Thanks I’ll give that a try. But I don’t understand what you mean by a calculated field for “openboth” “closedboth”.

if you do a starts with filter, and filter by *both, since the word “both” is in both of the fields, it will show all of them. It ends up being a contains filter. You can use whatever word you want, but it makes more sense to the end user to pick in the drop down *both.

1 Like

I do the same as Brandon, but just set the value to “YB” or “NB”

Usually just make the Calculated field name the original, with _YNB on the end.

To allow filtering parts by active, or Inactive or either, the Calc filed is named Inactive_YNB

The formula is if(Part.Inactive = 1) then 'YB' else 'NB'

Then on the dashboard I hide the Inactive_YNB column on the grid, but have it as a prompt input. I use the “MATCHES” instead of “starts with”. Then the user can enter a Y, N, or B.

And they user doesn’t even need to really enter the ‘B’ for both, as a blank input is ignored.

For my use case, I didn’t want a blank input, as the loading of the dashboard is painfully long wide open, so I default the drop down to “open”. However that is based on your use case.

I decided to test doing what you did, and accidentally customized a dashboard we use. Is there a way to “de-customize” it?

I’ve deleted all the controls I added, and returned the properties of the built-in controls to what they were.

But the Tracker still shows it’s customized. And I can’t deselect any of the “built-in” controls.

Not as far as I know. I use a lot of screen shots for re-doing :poop: in dashboards. It’s pretty annoying. I’m assuming you tried closing the dashboard without saving?

And if you don’t need to make changes it isn’t a big deal, and if you do, you can make them in the customization. It’s just not as easy as in the stock screen.

1 Like