Classic Row Rule - different Views between Condition and Action

I’m not trying to spend too much time on this and can implement a BPM instead if needed, but I’m wondering if anyone has come across this before…

Basically I want to create a Row Rule in Customer Entry where the condition is in the Customer epidataview and the action is in a different View - the Contact view (I supposed it would be all rows of the Contact view or perhaps just fire on the CurrentRow)… I want to disable a CustCnt level field if a certain field in Customer is true.

This cannot be done with the Row Rule Wizard but I’m trying to figure out if it’s even possible with custom code. @Rich are you able to tell me if this is even possible with code?

Yes it is, if you know how the views(tables) relate.

Hmmm

Here is where my mental hangup is:

It seems we need to add the Row Rule to the EpiDataView. Would I try to add the same RowRule to both EpiDataViews?

Can’t see that on my phone but I think you’re overthinking it.

Just reach over to the epidatview and mark the field readonly or to the grid and do the same thing.

Maybe but I’ve never had any luck getting the UI to adhere to the code doing it that way or trying to set extended properties via customization… I’ve found Row Rules to be the only truly dependable way over the years.

You were right, I was overthinking it. The solution was to create a custom condition Row Rule on the Contact view (where I wanted the Action to fire), and within the custom condition reach over to the Customer EpiDataView to look at the relevant field.

2 Likes

We are all guilty.