Clock Issue Error on Company Maintenance

I am getting the following error when I open Company Configuration on m Pilot DB all of a sudden. The clock on the E10 Server and my workstation match. After clicking ok I can make changes to the company config and save. The error pops back up again when I try to re-open company config, it just has a new time in the future. Not sure what is happening here, anybody seen this before?

"I swear, I wasn’t there…then…

1 Like

Are both the client and server set to automatically set time?

Your server and client time are off by more than 5 minutes. Check your NTP settings on both machines and make sure they match

Need to Check the Server time and client time setup, if they have time difference > 5 min, this error occures.

I will prefer to change the server time.
2018-04-11_1035

Thanks all for the replies. As stated in the original post, the workstation and the server have matching time. I also checked the ntp settings, and the are both matching. Both client and server get time from our DC and both ntp clients are operating correctly. What’s weird is it thinks my workstation time is a whole 8 minutes faster than it really is, according to this screenshot.

That doesn’t make any sense… very strange… you don’t have any BPMS or anything like that in place that could affect this do you?
Click Detail on the error message what else is in the CallStack?

I’m pretty sure I don’t have any BPM’s that mess in this area. I am pretty sure something is buggered on this workstation as I’ve checked other workstations now and they are not getting this message.

It’s only happening when opening the Company Maintenance screen.

Business Layer Exception

The security timestamp is invalid because its creation time ('2018-04-11T14:43:20.223Z') is in the future. Current time is '2018-04-11T14:34:30.597Z' and allowed clock skew is '00:05:00'.

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail 
============
Description:  The security timestamp is invalid because its creation time ('2018-04-11T14:43:20.223Z') is in the future. Current time is '2018-04-11T14:34:30.597Z' and allowed clock skew is '00:05:00'.
Program:  Ice.Services.Lib.BPEscConnector.dll
Method:  GetPackageProcessList
Line Number:  28
Column Number:  17
Server Trace Stack:     at Ice.Services.Lib.BpEscConnectorSvc.GetPackageProcessList() in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.500\Current\Source\Server\Services\Lib\BpEscConnector\BpEscConnector.cs:line 28
   at Ice.Services.Lib.BpEscConnectorSvcFacade.GetPackageProcessList() in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.500\Current\Source\Server\Services\Lib\BpEscConnector\BpEscConnectorSvcFacade.cs:line 55
   at SyncInvokeGetPackageProcessList(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at Epicor.Hosting.OperationBoundInvoker.InnerInvoke(Object instance, Func`2 func) in C:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.500.11\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\OperationBoundInvoker.cs:line 59
   at Epicor.Hosting.OperationBoundInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Func`2 func) in C:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.500.11\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\OperationBoundInvoker.cs:line 28
   at Epicor.Hosting.Wcf.EpiOperationInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs) in C:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.500.11\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Wcf\EpiOperationInvoker.cs:line 23
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.DispatchAndReleasePump(RequestContext request, Boolean cleanThread, OperationContext currentOperationContext)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.HandleRequest(RequestContext request, OperationContext currentOperationContext)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.AsyncMessagePump(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.OnAsyncReceiveComplete(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Runtime.Fx.AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceive(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.ReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceiveComplete(Object state)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.OnAsyncReadComplete(Object state)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessFrameBody(Int32 readBytes, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ReadCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteRequest(Int32 result)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.CheckCompletionBeforeNextRead(Int32 bytes)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadCallback(IAsyncResult transportResult)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream.IOAsyncResult.OnAsyncIOComplete(Object state)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted(SocketAsyncEventArgs e)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.FinishOperationSuccess(SocketError socketError, Int32 bytesTransferred, SocketFlags flags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Client Stack Trace 
==================
   at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)
   at Ice.Proxy.Lib.BpEscConnectorImpl.GetPackageProcessList()
   at Ice.UI.App.CompanyMaintenance.Transaction.GetSCPackages()

This is a Service Connect call… Check that your Service Connect Server (if configured and setup) has the right time

1 Like

That’s it. We don’t have our SC setup anymore, but left the server field populated and that server has a clock drift. We moved our workflows in SC to straight BPM’s with our E9 to E10 migration.

Wonder why I only get that message when I open it on my workstation. I don’t even get it when I run the Epicor client on the E10 server itself. Oh well, I will clear SC option in company config and fix the clock on the SC server.

Thanks!

1 Like

Probably not related, but if you were in Europe and your server was not…