Co-parts

Hi Jeanne,

For the demand on the job, click on the co-part tab at the end, then select the second line and click the Detail tab below the Demand Summary tab. Once you do that, you should be able to fill in 4,200 for the quantity on the second line. If you can’t, then you will need to remove the demand for both parts and re-add it. At that time you should be able to enter the correct quantities for both parts.

Once that is done, you should be able to report the quantities for both parts in Time and Expense Entry for both. You will need to enter the quantities on the Co-Part tab. If it comes up blank, click where the grid should be and it should display.

Beth

@JMH6271 Were you able to try what I suggested above?

Yes but it ended up being a different issue.

image007.jpg

Hi Beth, can you and I connect on the phone. I would love to have a session on co-parts with you. We are in the final design stages and are running into some issues that I am sure you can help me with.

image007.jpg

Hi Jeanne,

Would love to help you. My team is out of the office until Friday and I’m supporting our system basically alone, so Friday afternoon would be a better time for me (a lot going on here…lol!). My phone number is 414-293-9346 or you can send me a teams request through email @ beth.rye@perlick.com.

I was wondering if anybody knew how to handle a mold that has three p/n that can run variable qty when needed?

For instance, my p/n are A, B, C.

If I want, I could run cavity qty as 1/1/1; or, I could run them as 1/2/1, or some variation thereof.

I wouldn’t make this a co-part since it varies frequently as to the parts you are going to produce (I take it that there are shutoff valves on the mold). I would have them as separate jobs/methods that can run concurrent. It’s quite similar to co-parts but both jobs would need to be clocked in and out of, unlike a co-part job.

Hi Beth,

Great that is what I am doing. I am batching them by setup group which is my material size and so far so good.

We have our first batched job in production this week

~WRD000.jpg

Hi Jeanne,

Good to hear it is working out for you! My previous post was for @captainjamesmisson

He was asking about a 3 cavity tool that runs different cavities at different times based on requirements.

Co-parts only work well if all cavites are run at the same time with no variation. If not, then the best way to set them up is concurrent jobs that are batched.

1 Like