Code to submit Time and expense entry from event

Thats ok! I ended up using btnSubmit.PerformClick(); after i put the time into the dataview in my custom button to emulate a user clicking the epicor Default submit button in my custom button click event.

My problem with the default submit button was the it seemed to submit then run the custom code that i put into its event, which would not work since you cant change any fields after it has been submitted. 

Doing a custom button that stuffs the time into the database then emulates the click of the default button works because it stuffs the data first and then submits.

This works but just seems a little sloppy to me.

Thanks for all the help.

Jeremy

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <don.n.doan@...> wrote:

Sorry Jeremy,

I'm at a loss of how to go about this.  I wrote up a customization and attempted to write it out but I had no luck either. 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jtannehill07@...> wrote:

<businessObject>Epicor.Mfg.BO.Labor</businessObject>

<methodName>SubmitForApproval</methodName>

<returnType>void</returnType>

<localTime>11/18/2013 12:21:00:9582924 PM</localTime>

<executionTime>41</executionTime>

<parameters>

<parameter name='ds' type='LaborDataSet' ><LaborDataSet xmlns="http://www.epicor.com/Mfg/100/BO.Labor/Labor">

I found this in my trace notice the SubmitForApproval Method but it looks like a Progress/BO method which I do not know how to trigger from C#.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <epdba1337@...> wrote:

If you have the ability to save the form programmatically you can set a checkbox in Plant Configuration Control to have time entries submit on save. 

Very strange, I'm not seeing it either.  Try running a trace on your time entry submit and check what methods it is using.  It'll tell you exactly what you'll need in your c# code. 

Ok I have figured out how to plug the time into the dataview but can not find oTrans.SubmitForApproval in object explorer? I have found  oTrans.SubmitRecords(weekFlag) but I do not understand the weekFlag bit.

I cant get "this.oTrans.SubmitForApproval();" to work it says Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.TimeAndExpenseEntry.Transaction' does not contain a definition for 'SubmitForApproval'.If i could figure out the submitForApproval method or code I think I can make this work.

By the way thanks for your time and patience with my questions.

Sounds like you should be using MES instead.. It should do exactly what you are talking about.  You could use the wizard and put the submit on any event.  So similar to the field leave you could have the current time plug itself into the dataview instead of the text field and then have it oTrans.Update and this.oTrans.SubmitForApproval. 

Is there  way to call the submitForapproval method from C#?

After job number is input I have it saving on field leave( in order to know that the job is in process) but I dont want it to submit then(I want to submit after they finish job) so the Checkbox wont work.

This screen is customized for ease of use on the shop floor. I am starting an instance of stopwatch after job # is put in and trying to stop when submit button is press then store the time. The only way I know how to save the time to the db is to push it into a text field then bind it to a database table.field but it seem like it is submit before the time is saved to field. Is there a better way to save this stopwatch time to the database I am sure there is?

Search "bo method 2.5" on epic web to see all the methods available.  As for submitting time, the only experience I have with automating that is through ESC and xls files.  I recall using update and then submitforapproval on the workflow.  I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish but I believe there is an auto-submit feature on T&E.  I haven't used it myself but maybe have a bpm trigger that checkbox if it cant be set by default.

I am submitting Time

Also, what are you submitting?  Expense and time are two different methods.

Are you customizing a form or making a BPM?  What language? 

Does anyone now how to call the submit method or emulate what happens when the submit button is pressed on Time and Expense entry. I want to use an event to trigger the submit method or what happens when the submit button is pressed but I dont know the code behind the submit button or how to call that method.

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

Does anyone now how to call the submit method or emulate what happens when the submit button is pressed on Time and Expense entry. I want to use an event to trigger the submit method or what happens when the submit button is pressed but I dont know the code behind the submit button or how to call that method.

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

Customizing Time and Expese form in C# 

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

I am submitting Time

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

Search "bo method 2.5" on epic web to see all the methods available.  As for submitting time, the only experience I have with automating that is through ESC and xls files.  I recall using update and then submitforapproval on the workflow.  I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish but I believe there is an auto-submit feature on T&E.  I haven't used it myself but maybe have a bpm trigger that checkbox if it cant be set by default.

I am submitting Time

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

After job number is input I have it saving on field leave( in order to know that the job is in process) but I dont want it to submit then(I want to submit after they finish job) so the Checkbox wont work.

This screen is customized for ease of use on the shop floor. I am starting an instance of stopwatch after job # is put in and trying to stop when submit button is press then store the time. The only way I know how to save the time to the db is to push it into a text field then bind it to a database table.field but it seem like it is submit before the time is saved to field. Is there a better way to save this stopwatch time to the database I am sure there is?

I am submitting Time

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

Sounds like you should be using MES instead.. It should do exactly what you are talking about.  You could use the wizard and put the submit on any event.  So similar to the field leave you could have the current time plug itself into the dataview instead of the text field and then have it oTrans.Update and this.oTrans.SubmitForApproval. 

I am submitting Time

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

Ok I have figured out how to plug the time into the dataview but can not find oTrans.SubmitForApproval in object explorer? I have found  oTrans.SubmitRecords(weekFlag) but I do not understand the weekFlag bit.

I cant get "this.oTrans.SubmitForApproval();" to work it says Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.TimeAndExpenseEntry.Transaction' does not contain a definition for 'SubmitForApproval'.If i could figure out the submitForApproval method or code I think I can make this work.

I am submitting Time

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

Very strange, I'm not seeing it either.  Try running a trace on your time entry submit and check what methods it is using.  It'll tell you exactly what you'll need in your c# code. 

I am submitting Time

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

If you have the ability to save the form programmatically you can set a checkbox in Plant Configuration Control to have time entries submit on save. 

I am submitting Time

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

<parameters>

<parameter name='ds' type='LaborDataSet' ><LaborDataSet xmlns="http://www.epicor.com/Mfg/100/BO.Labor/Labor">

I found this in my trace notice the SubmitForApproval Method but it looks like a Progress/BO method which I do not know how to trigger from C#.

I am submitting Time

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC

Sorry Jeremy,

I'm at a loss of how to go about this.  I wrote up a customization and attempted to write it out but I had no luck either. 

<parameters>

I am submitting Time

Thanks,
Jeremy Tannehill
Indaco Metals LLC