Column not showing in Kinetic grid/personaliztion, is in data view

I have a dashboard that I’m converting from Classic that is not showing two particular columns (OrderDtl.ExtPriceDtl & OrderDtl.Discount) in the grid nor in the “Personalize Columns” panel, but they are in the data view and not hidden. I can see them in the grid model > columns, but they do not show in the grid. I can check the “hidden” box in Grid Model > Columns and then uncheck it to see the columns in Application Studio. However, when I preview the screen they appear in the active card, but as soon as I move off that card to another then the two columns have disappeared from all cards, including the one they were initially showing in.

I’ve tried by converting the old dashboard (making some layout changes to the cards in application studio) and by building it new from scratch. I’ve got six different BAQs in this dashboard that all include these fields and every single one of the grids is having this same exact issue.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what I might be able to do to fix it?

Have you tried deleting those columns from the grid model, saving, then adding them back in?

Do you have DB access?
You could pull the JSON and see if there’s a sticky property. If so, remove it, then push it back into the DB.

That sounds like fun, which table would the customization JSON be in?

Ice. XXXDef

TypeCode = ‘KNTCCustLayer’
Key1 = Layer name
Key2 = Program like Erp.UI.PartEntry
SysCharacter03 is the JSON in App app Studio.
Content is the JSON for the published layer.

1 Like

Thanks Hannah. This is either going to be the best thing since sliced bread or a long dark tunnel of trouble… [Would be nice if there was a column to show the final result of all the adds and replaces etc!]

Deleting and re-adding did not change the behavior. (Was hoping that was a “duh!” moment)

I’m on Public Cloud, so don’t believe that even with the JSON details, I wouldn’t be able to then update them

Found another dashboard that includes these two columns, plus OrderDtl.UnitPrice that this behavior is happening with, too.

I’ve opened a case with support about this, since it does not appear to be related to specific dashboards. Will post their ultimate reply here.

I’m running 2023.2.5 and still have this issue. Did Epicor convert your Case to a Problem?

I actually left that company before the ticket was resolved.

@FObilo Felix, are you able to respond in regard to this issue if EpicCare converted the case that was open on this when I left to a Problem and/or provided any resolution to it?

I have an open case with Support on this issue right now. They were able to recreate the problem. Seems to happen for specific columns in specific tables. In my case it’s InvoiceAmt and InvoiceBal in the InvcHead table, and StdMaterialCost, LastMaterialCost and AvgMaterialCost in the PartCost table. Expecting a Problem # so stay tuned…

After a bunch of tracing javascript in the browser, I can confirm that any currency columns that are not in the “Doc” currency type will not show no matter what you try.

I have found a workaround by inserting a post-processing method directive on DynamicQuery.GetQueryResultSetMetadataByID. This allows you to trick the grid into thinking the loaded currency field is in the Doc currency and will keep it visible.

foreach (var row in result)
{
    var list = row.AttributeList.ToList();
    var currencyType = list.FirstOrDefault(o => o.Name == "CurrencyType");
    if (currencyType != null)
    {
        // "D" for Doc currency
        currencyType.Value = "D";
    }

row.AttributeList = list.ToArray();
}

That seems like a massive bug. :scream:

Support has provided another workaround for this problem. In App Studio grid properties > Data > Grid model > Columns, select the missing column and check “Disable Currency Toggle.”
Still waiting for Development to call this a bug though, because the columns should not be missing in the first place.

1 Like

We now have an official problem for this - PRB0276747
Form - EpicCare (epicor.com)

2 Likes

I have been banging my head against a wall for three hours with this problem until I stumbled upon your post. Thank you for posting the workaround!

Glad it was helpful!