Configurator Translator Program Epicor 9.05.700B

You can use the FieldLabel function to change the label on the control. You could put a check box on the configurator for user to pick the language they want and the on-leave statement would run fieldLabel functions on all the controls changing the language. You could also do a lookup as part of the first control's on-leave statement and using some value set the language based on the user.

FieldLabel('InputFieldName', {string}) You could store the values for each control in a UD table and dynamically look them up based on the user's language choice/selection.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ctrinch" <cawed1@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use ABL code to change the input labels on our
> configurator screens to translate the words based upon a given language.
>
> To do this I am trying to figure out exactly what happens when a
> configurator is run for the first time. My best guess is that the
> configurator table is copied to a temp table and the user is actually
> using this temp table to configure off of.
>
> I have been testing this but have been unable to locate the table i need
> to change to change the input labels. Any input would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Hi,

I am trying to use ABL code to change the input labels on our
configurator screens to translate the words based upon a given language.

To do this I am trying to figure out exactly what happens when a
configurator is run for the first time. My best guess is that the
configurator table is copied to a temp table and the user is actually
using this temp table to configure off of.

I have been testing this but have been unable to locate the table i need
to change to change the input labels. Any input would be greatly
appreciated.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Take a look at the tables that start Pc... There are several to choose from that hold the values for the configurator. My people wanted the ability to "copy" another configuration so I imported the values from PcInValue just as an example.

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ctrinch
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:31 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Configurator Translator Program Epicor 9.05.700B

Hi,

I am trying to use ABL code to change the input labels on our
configurator screens to translate the words based upon a given language.

To do this I am trying to figure out exactly what happens when a
configurator is run for the first time. My best guess is that the
configurator table is copied to a temp table and the user is actually
using this temp table to configure off of.

I have been testing this but have been unable to locate the table i need
to change to change the input labels. Any input would be greatly
appreciated.

I looked into this a little bit but I need to be able to do it on a case by case basis i.e. someone runs the configurator in Spanish at the same time as someone runs it in English. That is why I was hoping to write to the temp table being used. Do you know of anyway to trace this process to see what table the configurator is running from on the users screen?

Chris

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, brenda mohr <brenda@...> wrote:
>
> Take a look at the tables that start Pc... There are several to choose from that hold the values for the configurator. My people wanted the ability to "copy" another configuration so I imported the values from PcInValue just as an example.
>
> Brenda
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ctrinch
> Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:31 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Configurator Translator Program Epicor 9.05.700B
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
> appreciated.
>
>
>
>
>
Your best option for this is to place a post process BPM on the method that reads the configurator data, you can then translate any labels you need,
It gets a little more complex if you want to translate the results of drop downs.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ctrinch
Sent: 12 July 2013 19:46
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Configurator Translator Program Epicor 9.05.700B

I looked into this a little bit but I need to be able to do it on a case by case basis i.e. someone runs the configurator in Spanish at the same time as someone runs it in English. That is why I was hoping to write to the temp table being used. Do you know of anyway to trace this process to see what table the configurator is running from on the users screen?

Chris

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, brenda mohr <brenda@...<mailto:brenda@...>> wrote:
>
> Take a look at the tables that start Pc... There are several to choose from that hold the values for the configurator. My people wanted the ability to "copy" another configuration so I imported the values from PcInValue just as an example.
>
> Brenda
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of ctrinch
> Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:31 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Vantage] Configurator Translator Program Epicor 9.05.700B
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
> appreciated.
>
>
>
>
>

Is there any easy way to determine what this BPM is? Sorry I am very new to this system and am learning as I go.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Edginton <stephene@...> wrote:
>
> Your best option for this is to place a post process BPM on the method that reads the configurator data, you can then translate any labels you need,
> It gets a little more complex if you want to translate the results of drop downs.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ctrinch
> Sent: 12 July 2013 19:46
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Configurator Translator Program Epicor 9.05.700B
>
>
>
> I looked into this a little bit but I need to be able to do it on a case by case basis i.e. someone runs the configurator in Spanish at the same time as someone runs it in English. That is why I was hoping to write to the temp table being used. Do you know of anyway to trace this process to see what table the configurator is running from on the users screen?
>
> Chris
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, brenda mohr <brenda@<mailto:brenda@>> wrote:
> >
> > Take a look at the tables that start Pc... There are several to choose from that hold the values for the configurator. My people wanted the ability to "copy" another configuration so I imported the values from PcInValue just as an example.
> >
> > Brenda
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of ctrinch
> > Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:31 AM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Configurator Translator Program Epicor 9.05.700B
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to use ABL code to change the input labels on our
> > configurator screens to translate the words based upon a given language.
> >
> > To do this I am trying to figure out exactly what happens when a
> > configurator is run for the first time. My best guess is that the
> > configurator table is copied to a temp table and the user is actually
> > using this temp table to configure off of.
> >
> > I have been testing this but have been unable to locate the table i need
> > to change to change the input labels. Any input would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
The configurator can pull current Company, Plant & UserID info. IF there is a consistent Field that you can pull from that would indicate language preference then you can change the labels accordingly. Or you could simply pose a question at the beginning and use that answer. Or you can get fancy and check the userfile for the preference if not there prompt the preference page then write that preference to a UD Field on the userfile table and go from there.

Brenda

Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 9:16 AM

Is there any easy way to determine what this BPM is? Sorry I am very new to this system and am learning as I go.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Stephen Edginton <stephene@...<mailto:stephene@...>> wrote:
>
> Your best option for this is to place a post process BPM on the method that reads the configurator data, you can then translate any labels you need,
> It gets a little more complex if you want to translate the results of drop downs.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of ctrinch
>
>
>
> I looked into this a little bit but I need to be able to do it on a case by case basis i.e. someone runs the configurator in Spanish at the same time as someone runs it in English. That is why I was hoping to write to the temp table being used. Do you know of anyway to trace this process to see what table the configurator is running from on the users screen?
>
> Chris
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, brenda mohr <brenda@<mailto:brenda@>> wrote:
> >
> > Take a look at the tables that start Pc... There are several to choose from that hold the values for the configurator. My people wanted the ability to "copy" another configuration so I imported the values from PcInValue just as an example.
> >
> > Brenda
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of ctrinch
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >
> >
> > appreciated.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>

BPM = Business Process Management - In Epicor Main Menu, Under System Management, Business Process Management, Setup...Look into HELP to read more about it...

Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 8:16 AM

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Stephen Edginton <stephene@...<mailto:stephene@...>> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Chris
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, brenda mohr <brenda@<mailto:brenda@>> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Brenda
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of ctrinch
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >
> >
> > appreciated.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>