Connect to Epicor 905 Database

Updating the database directly is a very bad idea. The BO provides an interface for us that ensures we don't have to have a proper understanding of the database schema - as in the part of the db that ensures data integrity. This is a bad idea dude. I'm personally not a fan of thinking my code is fine when working with other systems because different approaches can be made to accomplish the same goal. If what I'm working on can't be looked at by my friends I replicate the environment I'm interfacing with to debug the bottleneck...let's look at some of your code to see if maybe someone here can find potential issues that can be resolved. I'm particularly interested in the bug(s) you found.

I don't use the script editor too often but I can promise you, this isn't an Epicor no-no...it's a no no. At the code level, you don't know how the script editor's compiled or integrated with the form so you risk creating a ton of objects just to access a db - never mind the fact you're bypassing all sorts of functionality built into the system. Why write an application with event handling if you're just going to bypass event handling?

What functionality are you trying to accomplish based on user input?

Hello does anyone know how to connect to the Epicor database using the Script Editor?

I do not want to use the BO Adapters; I just want to update the database directly based on User input.

Updating the db directly is kinda an Epicor no-no and according to them can/will violate your maintenance agreement.  Is there a particular reason why you don't want to go through the BOs?

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 4:13 PM, <cyrilz199@…> wrote:

<div>

<p></p><p>Hello does anyone know how to connect to the Epicor database using the Script Editor?</p><p>I do not want to use the BO Adapters; I just want to update the database directly based on User input.</p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

I have tried using the BO and it has bugs and very slow. I haved looped through the Mass Receipt and such and my code looks good and compiles and works but too slow.
The BO's have no bugs (outside of the ones that are all over the application which are usually addressed by upgrades etc..) and its slow cause its doing a LOT of logic checks. Patience is a virtue , you do NOT want to update the DB directly EVER!

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM, <cyrilz199@...> wrote:

<div>

<p>I have tried using the BO and it has bugs and very slow. I haved looped through the Mass Receipt and such and my code looks good and compiles and works but too slow.</p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>