Cool Microsoft Teams Integration

Figured I would share the first proof of concept for the Microsoft Teams bot that I am working on. I absolutely love finding new ways to use REST connections to help my company visualize Epicor in more meaningful ways.

Quick breakdown of how this works:
I created a BAQ that unioned job prod, job mtl, and job op together for a selected job. Then created a Power Virtual agent bot that when prompted takes the job number of your choosing and feeds it into a Microsoft Flow. The Microsoft Flow puts together the REST url to pull the BAQ data then i parses the returned JSON into an HTML table. The flow then outputs the HTML code back to the bot, and Teams interprets the HTML and outputs a readable table.

(ignore the outrageous typo where the guy at the saw produced 722,292 parts)

17 Likes

That’s sick Camren! I love the name of that bot by the way HA! :rofl:

@jdewitt6029

@Camren360 I would love to see the specifics on how you did this. I had this same idea when i learned about Teams bots.

1 Like

As did Epicor, right Eva?

:thinking:

2 Likes

If Eva replies, that means Skynet has taken over and it has begun.

3 Likes

Eva: “Record modified by another user”

I think we’re ok. :wink:

3 Likes

MARK :rofl:

Correct, but I already pay for Teams, I don’t want to sell my first born to get Eva. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Basic EVA is free and is being extended with new skills shortly (from what I understand)

@Mark_Wonsil You Sir - are on fire. :fire:

1 Like

I believe EVA is completely free this far

1 Like

Cool. I haven’t used Eva much at all. I have yet to have a use case that presented itself necessary. Same reason i didn’t invest any time into a Team bot or even the Alexa integration you created a few years ago. Fun to play around with but i don’t think anyone would use it, at least with the company i am with.

i’ll have to find a good way to document it.

Both Power Virtual Agent, and Microsoft Flow are low/no code environments, so within 15-30 minutes I was able to get it to take an input, grab REST data, and spit out a basic output. Then I struggled for several hours trying to get a decent looking output until I found out Teams could interpret raw HTML at Chat time. Then I was able to use this article: Power Automate HTML Table Styling – Ryan Maclean to get a nice table.

I hit a hard dead end trying to get Microsoft’s Adaptive Cards to work. This is where being inside of a low/no code environment get’s frustrating because it tries to do error correction for you, and in the case of making an adaptive card with a collection of values it assumes that you want to loop through the collection despite the adaptive card just looking for the raw array.

5 Likes

Yes, Adaptive Cards would be excellent. Not sure if the Kinetic Framework has something similar but it would be a great UI addition.

1 Like

@Mark_Wonsil I really think Epicor should have you as the Comic entertainment at Insights! I’m sure you have a ton of EpiJokes

1 Like

I’m sure the majority of the people here would wish I would just give the humor thing a REST. :thinking:

3 Likes

Those that aren’t on cloud 9 anyway

1 Like

Epicor Express?