Copy to Excel

This is a known issue with Epicor-Windows hand off for this version.

We moved up to 10.2.200.30 and this fixed this issue for us.

Brad

imageaefe36.PNG

Same we moved for 10.2.400 recently.

I am sure there has to be another Registry Fix, if the previous one stopped working, I am sure its a matter of research to find the new “Key” that they might be looking at.

We are at 10.2.400 and still have the issue. It’s a matter of time before some of your users start reporting the same isue

Our Users use Citrix/RDS technically their Client is running on Windows Server, it’s probably why we had no reports. I should try it locally see if I am affected on Win10 (after applying recent updates).

Another solution is to use the ODATA feed/REST to download to Excel directly and skip the dashboard step altogether.

1 Like

Might just need to modify the registry fix to target .16 and not .15

This works well for us. Little bit of a learning curve for users when they need to type in their epicor creds to the excel data connection, but hey it’s nicer than having to run a dashboard every time and then copy to excel… especially if the dashboard has a lot of data.

1 Like

I believe I found a permanent fix.
I had the issue where you click on “copy to excel” and nothing happens. Although it does create a file in AppData Temp folder. I tested this in 2 AD groups, unrestricted & restricted. I found it was creating an error in Event Viewer. (only while in the restricted group) It worked correctly in unrestricted.

‘Access to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE has been restricted by your Administrator by the default software restriction policy level.’

It turns out the standard Group Policy settings weren’t doing the job. What I think may have been happening was it was ‘timing out’ because it had to go through the Registry and then the File path.

standard Group Policy - Software Restriction Polies
%HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir%
%HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir (x86)%

So I added a new “generic” path rule for- “C:\Program Files” set to unrestricted. Then updated the group policy. It seems redundant, but it works!

Daniel,

Can you give me a screen shot of the Group Policy you added?

Appreciate it,

Bryan

I did both paths to cover 32 or 64 bit office.

Thanks! I appreciate it. I’ll give this a shot.

Bryan

Hey Daniel,

I just tried this way but it still doesn’t works in my system

Febri

Hi All,

Anyone (@askulte @E102016 @mjfwagner @Mark_Wonsil @utaylor @Chris_Conn @ckrusen ) got update. Excel grey out enabled.

Regards,
Naveen Kumaar P

Have you read the post? User Cannot Copy to Excel grayed out - #10 by hkeric.wci

1 Like

I just started getting this again today after a windows update… does this fix still apply to today @chris_Conn?

Wouldnt be surprised if Microsoft broke it again.

well actually it just doesn’t open… You click copy to excel and nothing happens.

Dang. I just got a call about that here and we’re on 10.1.600…

great…

This happened to me yesterday. We are on office 365, so I opened setting, Apps, and selected modify for Office 365:

I then did the Repair process

And now I can copy to Excel.

4 Likes