Correct procedure in Epicor 9 to close a PO when there is a bala

Patrick, thanks, I couldn’t find anything in the manual about it and not a lot of help online either.    I’d sure like an explanation from Epicor so I’m going to go that route but thanks again, I thought I might be going crazy or missed something…

Mike…

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 1:54 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Correct procedure in Epicor 9 to close a PO when there is a balance on an order line

In 9 we simply unapproved the PO and close it. I also track who unapproved it and closed it. I doesn’t make sense to me either but that’s how it works.

Welcome to 9, hope this helps.

Patrick

Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 13:33
Subject: [Vantage] Correct procedure in Epicor 9 to close a PO when there is a balance on an order line

In Vantage 8.03, the system allowed us to close an open PO at any time.   In 9.05, we have now found that we cannot close a purchase order/line/release if it has been “approved”.   We can unapproved the PO and then close it but that doesn’t make sense.  Vantage 8 didn’t care if the PO was approved or not, it would allow us to close it.  What is the correct procedure in 9.05.702A to close a PO that still has a balance of items on it but we are never going to receive them?   Thanks in advance….

Best regards

Mike Abell

IT Manager

Flexial Corporation
a company of BOA Group
1483 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506, USA

Phone:    +1 931 432 8408
Fax:        +1 931 432 1889

Mail:        mabell@...
               http://
www.boagroup.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended and/or named recipient or recipients, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient or recipients is unauthorized and may be illegal. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, Specialty Screw Corporation cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or attachments.
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended and/or named recipient or recipients, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient or recipients is unauthorized and may be illegal. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, Specialty Screw Corporation cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or attachments.   ­­  

In Vantage 8.03, the system allowed us to close an open PO at any time.   In 9.05, we have now found that we cannot close a purchase order/line/release if it has been “approved”.   We can unapproved the PO and then close it but that doesn’t make sense.  Vantage 8 didn’t care if the PO was approved or not, it would allow us to close it.  What is the correct procedure in 9.05.702A to close a PO that still has a balance of items on it but we are never going to receive them?   Thanks in advance….

Best regards

Mike Abell

IT Manager

Flexial Corporation
a company of BOA Group

www.boagroup.com

In 9 we simply unapproved the PO and close it. I also track who unapproved it and closed it. I doesn’t make sense to me either but that’s how it works.

Welcome to 9, hope this helps.

Patrick

Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 13:33
Subject: [Vantage] Correct procedure in Epicor 9 to close a PO when there is a balance on an order line

Best regards

Mike Abell

IT Manager

Flexial Corporation
a company of BOA Group

www.boagroup.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended and/or named recipient or recipients, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient or recipients is unauthorized and may be illegal. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, Specialty Screw Corporation cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or attachments.
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended and/or named recipient or recipients, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient or recipients is unauthorized and may be illegal. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Specialty Screw Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, Specialty Screw Corporation cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or attachments.   ­­