Could not load file or assembly 'Csfca.Data.Model '

This came right after the update to 2022.1.3.

Cannot search and use groups in AP-Payment Entry (or add lines), or search groups in Cash Receipt Entry.

Cannot search for Customers in Sales Order Entry or open the Customer Module.

This is not happening in Pilot. Same version and the dll in question same attributes.

I’ve set a case with Epicor.

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

*Error Detail *
============
Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘Csfca.Data.Model, Version=11.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=476c49c300052a33’. The system cannot find the file specified.
Program: Epicor.ServiceModel.dll
Method: CallWithCommunicationFailureRetry

*Client Stack Trace *
==================

• at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.CallWithCommunicationFailureRetry(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, RestRpcValueSerializer serializer)*
  • at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.CallWithMultistepBpmHandling(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)*
  • at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.Call(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)*
  • at Erp.Proxy.BO.PaymentEntryImpl.GetList(String whereClause, Int32 pageSize, Int32 absolutePage, Boolean& morePages)*
  • at Erp.Adapters.PaymentEntryAdapter.OnGetList(String whereClause, SearchOptions opts, Boolean& MorePages)*
  • at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiBaseAdapter.GetList(SearchOptions opts, Boolean& morePages)*
  • at Ice.Lib.Searches.EpiSearchEngine.GetSearchResultsFromAdapterMethod(SearchOptions opts, SearchDataSetMode sdsMode)*
  • at Ice.Lib.Searches.EpiSearchEngine.SearchUsingAdapterMethod(SearchOptions options)*
  • at Ice.Lib.Searches.EpiSearchEngine.SearchIt(SearchOptions options, DataSet& results, Boolean& usedAdapter)*
  • at Ice.Lib.Searches.EpiSearchEngine.SearchIt(SearchOptions options)*
  • at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiBaseAdapter.InvokeSearch(SearchOptions opts)*
  • at Erp.UI.App.PaymentEntryEntry.Transaction.GetPaymentList(String groupID)*

Hi Tim,

Not sure what’s happening but CSFCA is the Country Specific Functionality for Canada. Filing a ticket was the right move.

2 Likes

Thanks for bring that up. I added that to the ticket. Even more modules are failing with it and the issue would make sense if the cloud update did not give us Canadian functionality.

Epicor Support is logged in trying things but they stop as soon as they stop getting an error.
They create a payment group but stop before adding a payment which gives that error.

Not sure what Canadian specific functionality there is to opening the customer module but it is there. And right now annoying.

Yep. If I were grading them on the CA CSF upgrade, they’d get an eh?

A little Detroit/Windsor humour for you. :wink:

Haha!

Epicare did not resolve it. The error mysteriously vanished after a server refresh. Epicor said they didn’t fix anything.

Funny thing is it has reappeared temporarily for some users but goes away after awhile.
So it has gone from a problem everyone was having all the time to it happening to random people connecting remotely. So I am reopening the ticket tomorrow.

It appears to intermittently happen to users at home.

Users bringing their machine to work - no issue.
Users logging in remotely to someone elses machine - no issue
Users on the same machine at home - sometimes an issue.

It must have been the update as this was all working before we had to accept the update. This is not washing well with us. And the solution was to throw a big article about firewall ports at my users.

If the firewall was an issue it would be at work where we have a very controlled firewall and not in peoples homes where they do not.

Is anyone else running into the issue?

The error is coming from server, and looks like one of the app servers contains valid assembly that works, and another does not contain it, or maybe has old version… When user IP changes, load balancer sends request to second app server and error happens.

1 Like

Thank you, I am going to send this to them.

So is Epicor going to fix it. Based on what you said this is on Epicors end - we are a cloud install.

The CSR solutions to send me a wall of text about anti-virus and firewall settings made no sense.

Turns out it was on Epicor and it was a load bearing issue. Olga you were correct. I told them what you said and they took 18 days to fix it despite me communicating with them often.

1 Like