CPQ "Base" CurrencyCode issue

Wondering if anyone else here has run into this?

If your CurrencyCode for USD is stored as the string “Base” (as it probably is for most Epicor customers who started in E9 or earlier), then CPQ does not work when you try to save a CPQ configuration from Quote or Order Entry.

Support is suggesting an invasive data fix that basically updates every single CurrencyCode field in all rows of about 300+ tables from “Base” to “USD”. We are trying to push back on this ridiculousness but I will probably end up needing to run this thing to move forward.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Luckily, we’re not.

I’m surprised Epicor won’t update CPQ to work with a different currency code other than USD. We’re not even talking about multi-currency, just a different base currency, right?

I’m imaginining adding a @Currency variable (that defaults to USD) in settings, but could be overriden to ‘BASE’, and then a find and replace for USD to @Currency.

This will become more of an issue as Epicor attempts to sell CPQ to international companies too. I’d imagine there are canadian companies running CPQ and Epicor. Maybe your CAM can put you in touch.

I think Multi-currency works fine with CPQ, it’s just that this CurrencyCode field string value needs to match whatever predefined list CPQ has, which is probably something like “USD”, “CAD”, “EUR”, etc… In our database, the CurrencyCode for US Dollars is “Base” instead of “USD”, so Support wants us to run a datafix that changes “Base” to “USD” in about 300 tables…

Theoretically that should work, but we have a lot of things that key off of “Base”. BAQs, SSRS reports, Price Lists, etc… And “should work” is being generous; it will take a ton of time to fully vet this in our environment, get sign off from Accounting, etc.

I think it’s an issue for anyone who started off in E9 or earlier (I believe “Base” was the only CurrencyCode option back then, or at least the “default” option). So basically they will screw over their long term customers who want to buy CPQ… Not a good look for Epicor to say the least.

Support is telling us to pound sand (create an Epicor idea), so here it is

Fix the broken Currency Code Situation | Epicor CPQ Ideas Portal (aha.io)

Please vote!

1 Like

Hi Tom,

We are looking at CPQ currently and considering it. This will be a problem for us too. You’ll get my vote!

Thanks,
Nancy

1 Like