Create Bank Adjustment Entry using Rest API

I am trying to create a bank adjustment entry using the Epicor Rest API v2 - POST Erp.BO.BankAdjEntrySvc/BankAdjEntries (Odata definition) and unable to get the process to work. I have tried using the “Enable Trace Logging” option in Settings (Epicor 10.2.700.22) to try and determine the steps required in this process. However, it appears that Epicor is using a business object called “Erp.Proxy.BO.BankAdjEntryImpl” along with “Custom methods” rather than the OData definitions. So, I am not finding the tracing option very helpful. Does anyone have any suggestions that they could share? Or, has anyone created a bank adjustment template that they could share that works with POST Erp.BO.BankAdjEntrySvc/BankAdjEntries?

:tada: Welcome! :tada:

You should be using the custom methods, and doing it the same way Epicor does it.
If you have functions, doing it via that would be preferable.

Thank you for the additional information regarding the custom methods vs. OData. That is very helpful. I will start exploring how to use custom methods. However, do you know if the OData methods actually work for creating a bank adjustment entry? I have been able to use OData methods in other areas like Erp.BO.GLJournalEntrySvc to create financial and statistical journal entries and this process seemed “fairly” straight forward? So, I was hoping the same would hold true for creating bank adjustment entries. Thanks again for any insight you could pass along regarding Odata methods or custom methods related to bank adjustment entries.

FYI - I don’t believe I have functions available in my environment so I don’t think this is an option currently.

If you would like to encapsulate it still and use the methods directly, you can use an Updatable BAQ to do the same thing as a function. (I would run a custom action.)

Or you can call the Rest Endpoints for the custom methods in the same way.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts regarding custome methods, functions, and BPM’s. I have been trying to use the custom methods in the Rest Endpoints today and have received 200 confirmation responses when using GetNewBankTran, GetNewBankTran1, Update, etc. However, none of the data is actually writing to the database tables. Is there another step that needs to be completed when using the custom methods in order for the rows to populate to tables?

FYI - I have also tried to use the OData methods and I don’t think they work for bank adjustments. When using the “BankTrans” OData method I get an error message that states " Use GetNewBankTran1 method to get new BankTran record." This error seems to make no sense (at least to me) because the error is referencing a custom method. This makes me think that Epicor may have a bug in this OData functionality. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Yes, but I’m not familiar with what they are.

The best way to find out is to use the client (Tracing) or the web (F12 Network Tab), to follow how it is done.