Creating new, blank form

So I am aware of how to make a blank form based of a UD table but…

How can I create a brand new blank form. My goal is to make a label printing utility within E10.

I tried to get tricky and copied Ice.UI.UD01Entry.dll and renamed it, added to menu and made customization on it, but the change carried over to the real Ice.UI.UD01Entry.dll - I assume there is some sort of GUID in the form itself that causes this.

I’ve learned enough here on this great site to create an external app that interfaces E10, log in, create session, etc - and I realize I could do that, and just place a link to the external exe on the E10 menu but I sure would love to figure out how to have an integrated form.

Just start with a UD form and remove the fields.

If you want to make completely from scratch screen you’d need the SDK($$$)

Most of us that want just a blank canvas we use the UDXX form and remove all the fields form the screen

Another option is to have a “BLANK” dashboard where you publish just teh tracker view and then Publish that as a DLL and use it as your canvas

2 Likes

Now that’s getting tricky. I like it!

On an unrelated note, does the solution explorer export your menu customizations (like if I added a tracker to a menu) when you export an item (like a a tracker)? How does one bring menu changes from one db to another besides manually?

You can export Menu changes just like the Customizations or BPMs

1 Like

lol - guess I didn’t spend that long looking at the Solution Manager (not for lack of things to do). Thank you sir!

Jose - would you be able to elaborate a bit on how this is accomplished?

Just add a menu item pointing to to the UDXX screen and customize it to remove all the controls.

This is all accomplished under “Menu Maintenance” ?

sure thing

Bill,

Jose had mentioned creating the initial form from a dashboard customization:

Another option is to have a “BLANK” dashboard where you publish just teh tracker view and then Publish that as a DLL and use it as your canvas

Jose, how could you bind a UD Form to something like SalesOrder so you can set the EpiBinding of controls to those fields? I’ve adding the Erp.Adapters.SalesOrder and Erp.Contracts.BO.SalesOrder adapters to the UD From, but can’t figure out how to bind the custom controls.

You need to create our own EpiDataViews
Look at my blog entry from last year
http://trigemco.com/add-a-custom-epidataview-in-an-epicor-customization/

Basically you create your own EpiDataViews, and add them to oTrans. Then you can bind to it. You’ll still have to manage the data itself (Getting the order, updating the order and such via the adapters)

2 Likes

Is this link still valid?

Guess not, but there are other entries around here for custom EpiDataViews… Stand By

1 Like