Creating 'Re-send" Orders that deduct from inventory but not invoiced

Good Afternoon, Okay say we forget to send a part to a customer and we need to do a “re-send” ticket, right now we are creating a new sales order and adding the line and QTY of the item that was missed or damaged or left off previous order etc. We are then going to Actions - Closing these tickets but I just found out that doing it this way is not also relieving inventory which we want to do but not charge the customer, this actually Voids the ticket. I don’t really want to have to invoice these out because that will result in a bunch of “zero” totaled invoices. How can we go about doing this to where it will relieve inventory but we don’s have to invoice it out to accomplish this? I was manually deducting them out of inventory and not making a new sales order BUT we are also wanting to track the reasoning for the “resend” - which we need to know if we should build part numbers and just put the resend reasoning on the description lines, or can we build MISC charges with the reasonings there somehow? How is something like this normally handled? Don’t want a bunch of zero dollar invoicing to add to accounting.

@FrostFateYT Welcome. You would want to ship them from the sales order, so you have tracking and remove the quantities from inventory and have a history of how often you have to do this.

If you don’t want the zero invoice to effect accountings workflow you can mark the sales order as Auto Invoice ERS or Evaluated Receipt Settlement, so the shipment creates the invoice.

2 Likes

Just to clarify - you have a sales order which you have shipped from Epicor but not actually sent the inventory? If this is the case then I am not sure why you would want to affect the inventory on the 2nd shipment as the Epicor balance is correct but the “on the shelf quantity” is not

Example:
On hand quantity of 100 widgets

Original Sales order line for 10 widgets
Original Customer shipment line for 10 widgets but only 8 actually sent
Inventory is depleted by the 10 widgets

Epicor will show 90 on hand (which is correct) but you have 92 on the shelf

Resend Sales Order created for 2 widgets
Resend Customer Shipment line for the 2 widgets
Inventory is depleted by 2 widgets

Epicor will now show 88 on hand which is incorrect?

Yeah just do a Misc Shipment to send whatever you forgot. It won’t affect inventory OR generate an invoice.

3 Likes