Credit Card Testing

Is there any way to test credit card transactions without using an actual credit card? seeing a few other threads on this subject, with none really answered.

Not really seeing the point of the Testing Mode on the Credit Card Configuration screen. Anyone have any insight?

Not sure which processor you are using but most support Visa/MasterCard/Discover/AMEX test cards. Visa is 4111111111111111. MasterCard is also easy 5555555555554444. Discover and AMEX have test numbers but not as easy to remember. I’m sure someone has a list online. Can’t say for sure that the processor you use support the standard test cards. But it’s worth trying.

I found that Visa number in an EpicWeb video, but still couldn’t get the transaction to go through.

After looking through some documents from a user i am working with, looks like its EPX and in the document it says there is currently no testing mode :upside_down_face: Perhaps this is my issue

We never used the testing flag. We just ran those test cards through as if it was live. We are currently switching to a new processor and do the same thing with that too. It’s in “production mode” and we run it with the test numbers.

Interesting. Perhaps I am just unfamiliar with the Credit Card processing side then. Keep getting this “SERV NOT ALLOWED” message when i use that visa test number

Every processor is different. The Epicor processor may not accept any test cards. Not 100% sure.

I was able to find a list of valid processors by typing in a incorrect one, and trying to process a credit card transaction. After finding the test variant to my current processor, I switched over to that. Now when I try to authorize a transaction I get a new popup “Processor not valid for this instance”. Is this now a licensing issue?