Credit Cards

Hi people,

A quick question. Can Sendbox credentials be used for PayPal payments testing?

P.S. There are no other payment services involved.

I know this is very old. I have an odd situation just wondering if I am missing something. If I ship a partial on an order why is the entire order balance charge?
Anyone see this before or know what I need to do to only charge for the items that are shipped?

This in CC config made me feel that this was only authorizing a balance on partials:

I cannot answer why it charged the card the full amount, but I can answer with regards to the config setting you pointing to.

The idea of an authorization is to freeze available funds on someones card from the time they place the order, until the time you charge the card. This way, said customer cannot order from you, almost max out their card, go somewhere else and really max out the card. Thus when you are ready to ship, invoice and charge the card, your funds will be available - since said user could not max out.

Base Epicor does an ā€œAuthorizationā€ at the time of the order. No funds change hands, but there is a freeze on the card holders card in the amount until the authorization is cleared - usually through a ā€œcaptureā€ of funds. The ā€œcaptureā€ ootb is executed in shipping during the pack out when the package has been freighted and closed. Epicor then creates an invoice and ā€œcapturesā€ funds from the card holder.

Somewhere in your configuration is also a parameter for how long your ā€œauthorizationsā€ last. Say 3 days - although, careful, because 3 day weekends can cause havoc if the ā€œauthorizationā€ is freed. Most ā€œauthorizationsā€ are set for 30 days.

What I am not aware of is the ā€œAllow Deposit Payment on Sales Orderā€. This strikes me as allowing the ā€œcaptureā€ of all funds, whether shipped or not. The parts not shipped collected amount would be treated as a deposit - maybe?