Custom Reports didn't deploy after VM restore

We had a system failure that required us to restore our Epicor 10.1.500.46 VM from backup - both app server and DB on the VM. Decided it was a good time to change service acct passwords, so the hunt was on to find which services use these accounts and the various places in the Epicor config. Also renamed the SSRS root folder in trying to get it deployed. But otherwise, the config was unchanged from our previous production environment.

All’s well - but the CustomReports folder has a single entry in it: BAQReport. Any idea where the rest of our custom reports are? I found them in Solution Maintenance and built it, but it has errors, and I’m a bit nervous I might screw something up if I try to install my .cab file.

The solution build produced the following errors. ERP_production_rpt is the new root folder for reports. Any advice?

[5/20/2020 7:46:06 PM]  Temporary working directory successfully created- C:\Users\administrator.000\AppData\Local\Temp\2\zttr5doo.rw2
[5/20/2020 7:46:08 PM]  Beginning the export of  definitions...
[5/20/2020 7:46:08 PM]  Finished exporting  definitions.
[5/20/2020 7:46:08 PM]  Beginning the export of Report Data Definition definitions...
[5/20/2020 7:46:21 PM]  Finished exporting Report Data Definition definitions.
[5/20/2020 7:46:21 PM]  Beginning the export of Report Style definitions...
[5/20/2020 7:46:21 PM]  Report Style #1003 for report 'JobTrav' was exported
[5/20/2020 7:46:26 PM]  RDL '/reports/CustomReports/JobTraveler/Traveler' exported
[5/20/2020 7:46:26 PM]  Error: SSRS Rdl Export reports/CustomReports/JobTraveler/Traveler
Error collecting reports:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The item '/ERP_production_rpt/reports/CustomReports/JobTraveler/Traveler' cannot be found. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item '/ERP_production_rpt/reports/CustomReports/JobTraveler/Traveler' cannot be found.
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportingService2010Impl.GetItemDefinition(String ItemPath, Byte[]& Definition)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2010.GetItemDefinition(String ItemPath, Byte[]& Definition)

… this repeats for each report, and finally ends with …

[5/20/2020 7:46:27 PM]  Finished exporting Report Style definitions.
[5/20/2020 7:46:27 PM]  Building the CAB file...
[5/20/2020 7:46:28 PM]  Successfully created E:\Epicor\ERP10\LocalClients\ERP101500\test_migrateRep_Customer Solution_3.1.500.0.cab

For this case normally I manually download and upload for those rpt missing and its quite bored, I did search on google there’s a external tool for batch upload but its not consistent.
Be aware that your report dataset have to be define properly otherwise it will not able to load or load wrong data for your report.

Where can I download from? I can’t browse the reports via SSRS in the web - they aren’t there.

The root folder setting will make the entire tree Use the browser to view the SSRS depository, then try going up levels towards the root.

Ok, so a little more detail - when I first deployed reports on this restore, I didn’t use a root folder, just like the previous install. Only one report deployed: the aged payables report in the AgedPaybles folder. That’s all that is in the reports folder here. I couldn’t get more to deploy.

So I tried giving the root a different name: ERP_production_rpt - that was better, but now leaves me in the situation I’m in now where I have all the stock reports, and we’re missing the contents of CustomReports/ except for BAQReport. Is there any other way to get these?

Why did you have to re-deploy SSRS? Did the VM restore not get everything steup properly?

And FWIW - all those SSRS reports are actually in the SQL DB (a separate DB than the production App’s DB). So if your SQL restored properly, all those reports should already exist.

Does the folder ERP_production_rpt contain a folder named reports ?

When I first setup a new server, I thought I would make separate root folders for Production App and the Test App. This only gave me headcahes. I eventually gave up and just use the same Root folder (blank for each App), and the same Report DB.

I had to redeploy due to new credentials (at least I assumed I had to).

Yes, the path ERP_production_rpt/reports/CustomReports exists, but nothing but BAQReport in that folder.

And nothing in /reports/CustomReports (from the Home directory of the SSRS browsing)?

Nope, only /reports/AgedPayablesReport/AgdPay

Can you restore the same backup in a different VM and check for the reports before redeploying?

good call - i’ll try that now.