Custom SSRS Invalid Object Name

Hello,

My custom SSRS reports were working then suddenly receiving errors (sales order example).

“Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset ‘OrderHed’. —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name ‘OrderHed_fcaf998a8512440ea7ab95f3c89b3ed7’.”

This is happening in my production server. Strange, because I imported my custom OrderAck report over from my test server and it works great. Both environments are using my modified RDD I created. Anyone else running into these issues? Epicor support suggest re-deploy SSRS in the Administration Console.

I have actually done that several times and it works, but only temporarily. Eventually I receive this issue again. I do have separate application server for SSRS.

Thanks,

Koecher Vue
Business Analyst / Programmer
M-B Companies

Typically this means that either:

• the OrderHed{GUID} table isn’t in the SSRS reporting database for whatever reason (there are a number of reasons for this)
    or
    -the datasource for this report isn’t pointing to the same SSRS reporting database as the Epicor base reports.

Regarding the first one. Do you see a table in the SSRS reporting database with that name? You can determine the name of the SSRS reporting database from the Application Server Configuration for the appserver in question within the Epicor Administration Console

Regarding the second one. Confirm that the data source for this custom report is pointed to the SharedReportDataSource under the SSRS root folder(from the above screenshot)/Reports

4 Likes

Thanks Aidacra / Nathan;
This post helped me resolve similar issue
Vipul K

Thanks for posting Nathan! Your response helped me with a similar issue I was having.