Customization--building a MOM for non-current site

Hey,

We have an application that takes a MOM generated by an external configurator and from a customization/BPM on Quote.Update does the following:

• Performs basic data verification
• Checks for these existing in Epicor and sets them up in Epicor if not:
o Material parts
o Revisions
o Alternate Methods (there is always an alternate method that matches the site)
o Site records
• Checks out the rev/alt method
• Checks for existing method for manufactured parts and phantoms – if non-existing sets up:
o Operations
o Material parts
o Pull/plan/view as assembly
o Etc.
• Checks in the rev/alt method
• Other cool stuff

This all works dandy if the user is signed in to the plant the revisions, alt methods, operations, etc. belong to. Of course, there’s a big fat BUT. (No jokes, please. I’m self-conscious.)*

BUT the customer wants to enter all quotes in the main site. When we do this and try to build the MOM, we get this message:

• Cannot Add Operation From This Site. Operations for this Part Revision can be added only from Site EL.

I’m looking for a way to persuade Epicor to ignore the fact that the user is not logged into the site where the operations are being added. Another version of this effort that builds the MOM in the quote line assembly didn’t seem to care, but the part MOM does.

Any sage advice? Witty comments? Good-natured jeering?

Thanks,

Joe

• Oh, all right, joke away. I know it’s that big.

This from Jason Woods:

using (CallContext.Current.TemporarySessionCreator.SetPlantID(“PlantA”).Create()) { }

Worked great.

Thanks, Jason.

Joe

2 Likes

Hey Joe, I’d like to talk to you about being able to pull costs from a different site when getting details… have you ever done that?

No, I haven’t pulled in costs from another site, but I’d be curious about what you’re wanting to do.

Is this for a quote?

Joe