[Customization] Can't find reliable event updating drop down column filter

Yes as far as I know it should. Do you have retrieve on Activate (on) (True) on that DropDown>?

I just double-checked. Yes, it does.

@dhewi So you guys often have the situation where there are multiple combos, and the choices in those combos depend on the selections made in the other combos. Could you give a little more detail on how you:

• Update the filter when Combo values are changed.
  • Update the filter when switching between or loading records.

It feels like I have tried every combination of events, but I am probably just getting mixed up at this point.

There are a lot of you tube videos on how to filter a combo based on value in another combo, without using code.

Vinay Kamboj

Yes, that part is trivial. Keeping the the dynamic filter up to date in all situations is what I am having trouble with. Static UD code filters are easy.

We use:

ValueChanged on the field
AfteRowChange on the EpiView
EpiViewNotification.Initialize
DataColumnChanged on the DataTable of the EpiView

Not all of them everywhere, but we aren’t so finicky as to avoid using more than one of them by calling the same custom method from as many as we need, as long as we aren’t doing anything too data-heavy, or the method contains a check to make sure anything actually needs doing.

By my observation, ValueChanged fires in almost all cases but there are the odd exceptions which we’ve found the others catch.

1 Like