Customization: EpiCurrencyEditor Format

If you read carefully, it says "issue TO BE address/resolved in Epicor 9". That could mean 9.06.

Sent: Thu, February 11, 2010 4:11:50 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Customization: EpiCurrencyEditor Format

Â
HA! I freakin love it!!! Resolved in E9 indeed! Linda, I will give the NumericEditor field a try.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@ ...> wrote:
>
> Maybe this will help:
>
> Page No: 3740ESC
> ÂÂ
> Answerbook: CUST: In UltraGrid the Format Property change doesn't hold. WorkAround
> Note: Issue to be address/resolved in Epicor 9.
> ÂÂ
> I'm adding the Unit Cost to the ultragrid in Requisition Entry. I also need to change the format from 4 decimails to 2 decimails. But the format changes will not hold after the cusotmization is saved. Why? Need a workaround.
> ÂÂ
> The reason why the "Format" property does not work correctly with our framework is because our properties are data oriented and not control oriented. The "Format" is being overrided by the framework.
> ÂÂ
> The workaround is to set the "Format" extended property in InitializeCustomCod e. This is done by creating a private subroutine that sets the Format extended property in the script wizard. The subroutine needs be called from the InitializeCustomCod e() method.
> ÂÂ
> You will need to copy and paste the following sub into the script wizard for the Requisition Entry. To do this:
> 1) Set the developer mode on.
> 2) Navigate to Material Management > Purchase Management > General Operations > Requisition Entry.
> 3) In the UI form select Tools > Customization and select the Scrip Editor tab.
> 4) Copy and Paste the following code just above the "End Module" statement.
> Private Sub SetExtendedProps( )
> '// Get reference of EpiDataView
> Dim edv As EpiDataView = CType(oTrans. EpiDataViews( "ReqDetail" ), EpiDataView)
> If edv.dataView. Table.Columns. Contains( "UnitCost" ) Then
> '// change the Columns Formatting
> edv.dataView. Table.Columns( "UnitCost" ).ExtendedProper ties("Format" ) = ">,>>>,>>>,> >>9.99"
> '// to make readonly
> 'edv.dataView. Table.Columns( "UnitCost" ).ExtendedProper ties("ReadOnly" ) = True
> '// or to make invisible...
> 'edv.dataView. Table.Columns( "UnitCost" ).ExtendedProper ties("IsHidden" ) = False
> End if
> End Sub
> 5) Now add the call to this sub to the Initialize CustomCode() routine. The call in InitializeCustomCod e() would look like.
> Sub InitializeCustomCod e()
>  
> '// ** Wizard Insert Location - Do not delete 'Begin/End Wizard Added Variable Intialization' lines **
> '// Begin Wizard Added Variable Intialization
> '// End Wizard Added Variable Intialization
> '// Begin Custom Method Calls
> SetExtendedProps( ) '<==== I added this line
> '// End Custom Method Calls
> End Sub
> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
>
>
>
> ____________ _________ _________ __
> From: k99ja04 <jallmond@.. .>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
> Sent: Thu, February 11, 2010 8:03:10 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Customization: EpiCurrencyEditor Format
>
> ÂÂ
> Bump, anyone?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "k99ja04" <jallmond@ .> wrote:
> >
> > Adding a customization to Customer program, I added a EpiCurrencyEditor control and mapped it to Customer.Number01. I want to format this as currency as either x.xx or preferably round whole numbers x. Currently the text property displays 0.00000, and in the properties under the Data section, the Format property is set to ->>>,>>>,>>9. 99999. Except it is grayed out and I can't change it. What am I missing?
> > Thanks,
> > Jared
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Adding a customization to Customer program, I added a EpiCurrencyEditor control and mapped it to Customer.Number01. I want to format this as currency as either x.xx or preferably round whole numbers x. Currently the text property displays 0.00000, and in the properties under the Data section, the Format property is set to ->>>,>>>,>>9.99999. Except it is grayed out and I can't change it. What am I missing?
Thanks,
Jared
Bump, anyone?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "k99ja04" <jallmond@...> wrote:
>
> Adding a customization to Customer program, I added a EpiCurrencyEditor control and mapped it to Customer.Number01. I want to format this as currency as either x.xx or preferably round whole numbers x. Currently the text property displays 0.00000, and in the properties under the Data section, the Format property is set to ->>>,>>>,>>9.99999. Except it is grayed out and I can't change it. What am I missing?
> Thanks,
> Jared
>
Maybe this will help:

Page No: 3740ESC
Â
Answerbook: CUST: In UltraGrid the Format Property change doesn't hold. WorkAround
Note: Issue to be address/resolved in Epicor 9.
Â
I'm adding the Unit Cost to the ultragrid in Requisition Entry. I also need to change the format from 4 decimails to 2 decimails. But the format changes will not hold after the cusotmization is saved. Why? Need a workaround.
Â
The reason why the "Format" property does not work correctly with our framework is because our properties are data oriented and not control oriented. The "Format" is being overrided by the framework.
Â
The workaround is to set the "Format" extended property in InitializeCustomCode. This is done by creating a private subroutine that sets the Format extended property in the script wizard. The subroutine needs be called from the InitializeCustomCode() method.
Â
You will need to copy and paste the following sub into the script wizard for the Requisition Entry. To do this:
1) Set the developer mode on.
2) Navigate to Material Management > Purchase Management > General Operations > Requisition Entry.
3) In the UI form select Tools > Customization and select the Scrip Editor tab.
4) Copy and Paste the following code just above the "End Module" statement.
Private Sub SetExtendedProps()
'// Get reference of EpiDataView
Dim edv As EpiDataView = CType(oTrans.EpiDataViews("ReqDetail"), EpiDataView)
If edv.dataView.Table.Columns.Contains("UnitCost") Then
'// change the Columns Formatting
edv.dataView.Table.Columns("UnitCost").ExtendedProperties("Format") = ">,>>>,>>>,>>>9.99"
'// to make readonly
'edv.dataView.Table.Columns("UnitCost").ExtendedProperties("ReadOnly") = True
'// or to make invisible...
'edv.dataView.Table.Columns("UnitCost").ExtendedProperties("IsHidden") = False
End if
End Sub
5) Now add the call to this sub to the Initialize CustomCode() routine. The call in InitializeCustomCode() would look like.
Sub InitializeCustomCode()

'// ** Wizard Insert Location - Do not delete 'Begin/End Wizard Added Variable Intialization' lines **
'// Begin Wizard Added Variable Intialization
'// End Wizard Added Variable Intialization
'// Begin Custom Method Calls
SetExtendedProps() '<==== I added this line
'// End Custom Method Calls
End Sub
--------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thu, February 11, 2010 8:03:10 AM

Â
Bump, anyone?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "k99ja04" <jallmond@.. .> wrote:
>
> Adding a customization to Customer program, I added a EpiCurrencyEditor control and mapped it to Customer.Number01. I want to format this as currency as either x.xx or preferably round whole numbers x. Currently the text property displays 0.00000, and in the properties under the Data section, the Format property is set to ->>>,>>>,>>9. 99999. Except it is grayed out and I can't change it. What am I missing?
> Thanks,
> Jared
>

Hi Jared,

Try using a NumericEditor field instead, then make the mask input
$-n,nnn,nnn

Linda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of k99ja04
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:03 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com

Bump, anyone?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"k99ja04" <jallmond@...> wrote:
>
> Adding a customization to Customer program, I added a
EpiCurrencyEditor control and mapped it to Customer.Number01. I want to
format this as currency as either x.xx or preferably round whole numbers
x. Currently the text property displays 0.00000, and in the properties
under the Data section, the Format property is set to
->>>,>>>,>>9.99999. Except it is grayed out and I can't change it. What
am I missing?
> Thanks,
> Jared
>

HA! I freakin love it!!! Resolved in E9 indeed! Linda, I will give the NumericEditor field a try.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@...> wrote:
>
> Maybe this will help:
>
> Page No: 3740ESC
> ÂÂ
> Answerbook: CUST: In UltraGrid the Format Property change doesn't hold. WorkAround
> Note: Issue to be address/resolved in Epicor 9.
> ÂÂ
> I'm adding the Unit Cost to the ultragrid in Requisition Entry. I also need to change the format from 4 decimails to 2 decimails. But the format changes will not hold after the cusotmization is saved. Why? Need a workaround.
> ÂÂ
> The reason why the "Format" property does not work correctly with our framework is because our properties are data oriented and not control oriented. The "Format" is being overrided by the framework.
> ÂÂ
> The workaround is to set the "Format" extended property in InitializeCustomCode. This is done by creating a private subroutine that sets the Format extended property in the script wizard. The subroutine needs be called from the InitializeCustomCode() method.
> ÂÂ
> You will need to copy and paste the following sub into the script wizard for the Requisition Entry. To do this:
> 1) Set the developer mode on.
> 2) Navigate to Material Management > Purchase Management > General Operations > Requisition Entry.
> 3) In the UI form select Tools > Customization and select the Scrip Editor tab.
> 4) Copy and Paste the following code just above the "End Module" statement.
> Private Sub SetExtendedProps()
> '// Get reference of EpiDataView
> Dim edv As EpiDataView = CType(oTrans.EpiDataViews("ReqDetail"), EpiDataView)
> If edv.dataView.Table.Columns.Contains("UnitCost") Then
> '// change the Columns Formatting
> edv.dataView.Table.Columns("UnitCost").ExtendedProperties("Format") = ">,>>>,>>>,>>>9.99"
> '// to make readonly
> 'edv.dataView.Table.Columns("UnitCost").ExtendedProperties("ReadOnly") = True
> '// or to make invisible...
> 'edv.dataView.Table.Columns("UnitCost").ExtendedProperties("IsHidden") = False
> End if
> End Sub
> 5) Now add the call to this sub to the Initialize CustomCode() routine. The call in InitializeCustomCode() would look like.
> Sub InitializeCustomCode()
>  
> '// ** Wizard Insert Location - Do not delete 'Begin/End Wizard Added Variable Intialization' lines **
> '// Begin Wizard Added Variable Intialization
> '// End Wizard Added Variable Intialization
> '// Begin Custom Method Calls
> SetExtendedProps() '<==== I added this line
> '// End Custom Method Calls
> End Sub
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: k99ja04 <jallmond@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thu, February 11, 2010 8:03:10 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Customization: EpiCurrencyEditor Format
>
> ÂÂ
> Bump, anyone?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "k99ja04" <jallmond@ .> wrote:
> >
> > Adding a customization to Customer program, I added a EpiCurrencyEditor control and mapped it to Customer.Number01. I want to format this as currency as either x.xx or preferably round whole numbers x. Currently the text property displays 0.00000, and in the properties under the Data section, the Format property is set to ->>>,>>>,>>9. 99999. Except it is grayed out and I can't change it. What am I missing?
> > Thanks,
> > Jared
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>