Customization Help Needed- Adding Text Editor Field to Invoice Header Details

I am wanting to incorporate a text field that can be edited when creating a credit memo.
This would be helpful if this text field would be searchable and/or able to be viewed from customer tracker>billing>invoices as a column, I would need this text field to be enable on at least one other use as well.

Short story: I keep a log in excel of all credit claims received because sometimes it can be tricky to find the credit memo without the log. I want to completely eliminate the excel log to decrease work load/double entry.

I want to be able to add a text field where the claim number can be typed in with a certain amount of digits and possible a prefix of “CLM” already existing before the digits.

The field would help by allowing me to find the specific claim and then seeing the CM attached and grab all other information from the credit memo itself, Epicor is just missing this Claim Number field for me.

I do not know if all this is possible. I am completely lost when it comes to “customizations”
I did end up adding the text box only by mimicking a YouTube video but it never showed once developer mode was turned off, so basically i don’t know what I am doing.

I would be very grateful if someone could walk me through this process if possible.

thank you,

Is this for Epicor 10 or 9 or Kintetic?

I believe you would need to set a menu item or update current menu item to default to that customization on open. After that make sure to restart your client.

Kinetic