Customization Label Locations not saved

Hello,
Funny you mention this I have had similar issues, but I have found that if you have linked the label to a field and then not clicked off the field and back onto it the label will not snap to line up with the object, be it a text box or something else.  At this point the form looks all good and you save the customization, close the form, log out and back in again, opening the form the labels are back where you created them.  What I found works is once you have snapped the label to the object and it is lined up, click on the label and the properties will update the location of it.  Pretty much what was said in the last post, but no editing the XML.

I have also had issues where you resize a form, save, close and reopen only to find that the form is the original size.  What works for me is, resize click on the properties of the form and click on the size property and it updates, then save the form.

Hope this information helps.

Simon Hall
I have customized several forms, and have had many issues with the labels not staying in the location specified. Each time someone opens the customization the labels that have been modified are either missing or in the wrong locations.  Before, this would be fixed after going back in and adjusting the labels and saving a second time, however currently I cannot get the labels to save in the new location. BTW, the new location is beside the owning text box that I moved, so I would think that the label location would be saved correctly

Is anyone else having this trouble?

What I do when that happens is check for anchors on those labels in the xml editor and manually set the label location one pixel right of where it snaps to when attached
to a control. Works 100 percent of the time. Disclaimer if anchors and the auto location are not your problem I got nothing.

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

-----Original Message-----

Received: Wednesday, 06 Nov 2013, 9:51

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com [vantage@yahoogroups.com]

Subject: [Vantage] Customization Label Locations not saved

I have customized several forms, and have had many issues with the labels not staying in the location specified. Each time someone opens the customization the labels that have been modified are either missing or in the wrong locations.  Before, this would be fixed after going back in and adjusting the labels and saving a second time, however currently I cannot get the labels to save in the new location. BTW, the new location is beside the owning text box that I moved, so I would think that the label location would be saved correctly

Is anyone else having this trouble?