Dashboard Begins Filter Error

I’m trying to create a dashboard that filters using “BEGINS”.

I added the “Begins” filter to the grid properties which works just as you’d expect; however, once I deploy the dashboard I get the following error and all of my filters seem to not work.

Application Error

Exception caught in: Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib

Error Detail 
============
Program: Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib.dll
Method: NotifyAllOthers

Client Stack Trace 
==================
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiTransaction.NotifyAllOthers(EpiDataView sourceView, Boolean changeGridPropsCurrentRowOnly, Boolean notifyTree, Guid notifyId)
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiDataView.InnerNotify(EpiNotifyArgs args)
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiDataView.SetCurrentRow(Int32 newRow, Boolean currentRowOnly)
   at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiUltraGrid.OnBeforeCellActivated(Object sender, CancelableCellEventArgs ea)

I removed the begins filter from the grid and the error went away.

I also found that when I use “BEGINS” as a filter on the query itself it doesn’t error out but it goes too slow.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Thanks

Check your variable types - sounds like they’re different.

I wondered the same thing but the data types seem to match. Both are nvarchar x(500).

This is the data type of what is being published
BAQ Calculated Field

Dashboard Published Field

This is the data type of the field that is subscribing to the published field
BAQ Calculated Field

Dashboard Filter Subscriber

Was a solution ever found to this? I’m having similar issues when using the “begins” filter on my dashboard. It works when I am designing it but when I preview the dashboard it doesnt work just displays everything.

No sadly. My work around was modifying the query to take a parameter and use the begins functionally in the query. This worked but performance took a huge hit because it has to keep rerunning the query.

I’ve given up on classic dashboards and moved on to Kinetic, which has its own set of problems. I haven’t rebuilt this dashboard in Kinetic yet but I would be curious if the begins logic would work in Kinetic. When I get the time I’ll look at rebuilding it and post my results here.