Dashboard Pass Silent Parameters to BAQ

@Dmitry_Kashulin Any idea of what version you are targeting for this? Also, will we be able to somehow pass a BAQ parameter to a where clause since you can’t use variables in views?

1. BAQ parameters binding is supported in 600 version
  2. You can refer to a BAQ parameter everywhere in the query already. Do you mean something special?

I guess I was thinking of using a SQL view as a complete replacement for BAQ’s when you need the performance.

Will the DB view just show up like any other table/view in the BAQ designer and the final query will get all of the additional BAQ generated code added or will it only execute the DB view and return the results from the view?

Technically you will be able to use db views in a query in 600 version. “Technically”, because there are steps which should be taken to make the db view visible in BAQ Designer and available for selection and execution within a query. Unfortunately, UI maintenance for these steps isnot ready to use, so you will need to tackle some Epicor system tables manually. I believe our Support will be provided with instructions how to do it.

1 Like