Dashboard subscribe BAQ repeats rows

I have a dashboard with 3 queries.

1. Publishes OrderNum.
  2. Subscribes to OrderNum from Query 1 and publishes OrderNum and OrderLine.
  3. Subscribes to OrderNum and OrderLine from Query 2.

Is this not a good way to do this? I am getting the same release line repeated a billion times on the third query. I checked and re-checked my publish/subscribe settings. Is there an obvious thing I could be overlooking?

Thanks in advance.

Publish both OrderNum and OrderLine in 2.

If this is a Cross Company BAQ then you’ll want to include Company in them all.

also, with newer versions of Epicor, you can create Order Number & Order Line PARAMETERS on the two subscribing BAQs, and then pass the published values to the parameters. This will make your queries more efficient.

3 Likes

I think you may need to add Sales OrderRel on the second query and subscribe to OrderNum, OrderLine, OrderRel on the third one.

Doug, I am publishing both OrderNum and OrderLine on query 2. I edited my post above because I did not mention that…
Good point on the Company. We are not multi-company but I was told it’s always good to include company and I did not do that.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of that. I will give this a try also.

OK. So goofy things… I guess for some reason it copied both the OrderRel and the OrderRel_UD tables to my BAQ. I didn’t know I could bring the _UD table in? I thought it came along with the OrderRel by default… In any event, that is what was causing the subscription to act funny. I removed that table from my BAQ designer and all was well. I am still going to try the parameter thing that @timshuwy mentioned, though.
Thanks everyone for your help!

That OrderRel / OrderRel_UD thing is a bug that peridically happens. I have had it happen when I add a table, and then delete and add another table, it seems to loose its brain. I have not been able to successfully replicate it. You dont even see the bad query until you save, exit, and reload. When it happens, it loads the UD Table as detached. The “Fix” is to simply delete the UD table from the query.
The Parameter thing does make your secondary queries faster especially if the sub-table has lots of records. If you do it with a parameter, then the data is filtered by SQL before it does the initial query. otherwise, it does the query, returns the full set, and then subsequently filters the data.

That’s exactly what happened. I sat there scratching my head at the end of the day yesterday. I came in this morning, opened it up, and lo and behold there’s this detached _UD table. I deleted it and all of a sudden things started working as expected. How do I set the subscription to a parameter? I know how to setup the parameter on the BAQ… and filter using that parameter… but in the dashboard, how do I tell the subscriber to use the published value as the parameter… if that makes sense?

You have to add a tracker view and pick the fields you want to use as filters.

Vinay Kamboj

I think that’s on .700+. I don’t see it in .500.

edit looks like .600+

Oh, that makes sense. We’re still on 300.