Dashboard Pass Silent Parameters to Updatable BAQ

@pferrington @Epic_Santiago If you recall in 10.2.600 you delivered this amazing feature, and I’ve been using it, abusing it and overusing it!

However, it doesn’t work with an Updatable BAQ if I feed it params it keeps prompting for params. Do you have anything in your backlog to fix that bug or feature? If not, how can I push for it.

I think the only workaround now is to make a BPM on UBAQ under GetList and use BpmData to fill them in

BTW Thank You for also giving us the ability to pass Silent Params via BAQDataView. I’ve been using that as well :slight_smile:

public void CreateBAQDV()
{
	// Set up the BAQ(s) to be Called
	MaterialBAQDV = new BAQDataView("CODE-IssuedExMaterial");
	OperationBAQDV = new BAQDataView("CODE-IssuedExOperation");

// Add BAQ DataViews to the oTrans
	oTrans.Add("MaterialBAQDV", MaterialBAQDV);
	oTrans.Add("OperationBAQDV", OperationBAQDV);

// Set up the Strings (Field to Monitor, New Guid string, BAQ Parameter name)
	Tuple<string, string, string>[] publishers =
	{
		Tuple.Create("PartTran.JobNum", Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), "JobNum"),
		Tuple.Create("PartTran.AssemblySeq", Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), "AssemblySeq"),
		Tuple.Create("PartTran.ActTranQty", Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), "ChangeQty"),
		Tuple.Create("PartTran.DispUOM", Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), "OriginalUOM"),
		Tuple.Create("PartTran.ActTransUOM", Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), "ChangeUOM"),
		Tuple.Create("PartTran.PartNum", Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), "PartNum")
	};

// Set up the Publisher Columns with the Guids
	IPublisher pub1 = oTrans.GetPublisher(publishers[0].Item1);
	if (pub1 == null)
	{
		foreach (var row in publishers)
		{
			oTrans.PublishColumnChange(row.Item1, row.Item2);
		}
	}

// Add the BAQ Parameters(BAQ Parameter Name, Comment, GUID Associated with the PublishColumnChange
	foreach (var row in publishers)
	{
		this.MaterialBAQDV.AddBAQParameter(new BAQViewParameter(row.Item3, "", row.Item2));
		this.OperationBAQDV.AddBAQParameter(new BAQViewParameter(row.Item3, "", row.Item2));
	}
}
2 Likes

Glad to hear you are enjoying the silent parameters. BAQs are not my area of expertise so I’ll defer to Patrick.
I would say if there is nothing in the backlog then enter an Epicor Idea for it. Alternatively, enter an enhancement request with support.

You should entire an Idea for it. That is always safest but if time allows I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Oki will do, wanted to make sure you werent already working on it.

Have you found a solution for this? I tried to use your code in the Pre Processing in GetList in the Updateable BAQ but ttExecutionParameter is not defined and I’m not sure how I can add values from there

That’s good to know that it wasn’t working because my BAQs are updateable, I was going crazy trying to find what I did differently than the last time I used the functionnality !

I tried this but for some reason, the parameter is not set to value I set:
In the Parent BAQ (Which is updateable):
Add a POST Processing Method on the GetList with this code

var row = executionParams.ExecutionParameter.First(r => r.ParameterID == "ProjectID");
if(row != null)
   callContextBpmData.Character01 = row.ParameterValue;

In the Child BAQ (Which must be updateable):
Add a PRE Processing Method on the GetList with this code

var row = executionParams.ExecutionParameter.First(r => r.ParameterID == "ProjectID");
if(row != null)
  row.ParameterValue = callContextBpmData.Character01;

The problem with that is that the GetList is called after the pop-up window it seems

Great stuff. Is this piece of code only available on 10.2.600 and later ?