Dashboard - Variable Summary Based on Date Range

Is it possible to have a ‘sum’ column that is a variable based on selected date range at dashboard level?

My BAQ pulls all labor transactions by date. I know how to add a date range to my dashboard, but obviously the sum column is just the sum of everything in my BAQ.

Not sure if it’s obvious but I’m clearly not a programmer so sorry if this is a dumb question!

Welcome Nate!
You can turn on summaries at the grid level by right clicking on the column header and show summaries. If you also use show grouping, then you can get sums by group. If you can’t get it going, export your BAQ and attach it here for folks to review.
Good luck!
Nate

Thanks Nate!

I guess I should mention I have been using eipcor and writing BAQs for a few years now, so I’m not totally green! Currently using the column grouping summaries which definitely works, but wasn’t sure if I could actually have a calculated field in my BAQ that relied on a date selected at the dashboard level.

I am not clear on what you want your calculated field to show.

My BAQ pulls all labor transactions from LaborDtl , sorted by date.

It includes the SysDate, ResourceID, BurdenHrs and ProuctionQty of each transaction

I have 2 calculated fields: a summary of BurdenHrs and a summary of ProductionQty.

My problem: The user wants to be able to select a date and see the summaries for that day. Currently the user is doing the group by/sum method you mentioned. But, they want it as a field in the grid view

Sorry I’m not great at explaining this stuff…

You may need to export you BAQ for more focused help. Here is one I tried to create based on your requirements. I think a BAQ is your best bet, as you can easily go out to Excel from there, and you can easily include the BAQ results in a dashboard or report.
NewTest.baq (13.9 KB)

thanks for all the help Nate - I think we will have to stick with the current method of just pulling it into excel from the dashboard and calculating sums there.

Thanks!