Date formatting in APR emails

We send out POs using break/routing in the report style.

We would like to use the PO data as part of the file name of the invoice – PO#-yymmdd or something similar.

However the default date format appears to be the full date: Tuesday, March 19, 2021, which is too cumbersome.

Is there any way to change the format of this field?

Thanks.

—sam

1 Like

@skhayatt There are separate Month Day and Year but I don’t remember liking their format either. I would just set the value I wanted for the pdf name in a UD in POHeader and then grab that when printing.

1 Like

Thanks. Will give it a shot.

If you can figure out how to do that from in the RDD I bet you could get it to work. I haven’t tried formatting in the RDD.

Did not think of that. The other thing was considering was creating a directive-level variable, but have never done that before.

As it turns out, the user is OK with that format being used as part of the file name, so I will play around for my own education when I have a moment.

1 Like

Has anyone figured out a solution to this APR Email date formatting issue? It is incredibly unhelpfulf to have all dates show up in the long format.

I would also like to format a decimal amount to only include 2 decimal digits. I’ve tried playing around with the {date} format in the Report Data Definition without any luck, but I’m not really sure I’m even doing it right.

I don’t think you can do that easily. If you really, really need it, one thing you can try is add a string UD field (for POHeader or whatever) and then a BPM that populates it with the format you want (maybe PO.Update.Pre). Then, bring that in the RDD and use it in APR.

1 Like

Thank you, I will give that a try.