Delete and change ShipVia codes with transactions applied to them

I was tasked with deleting ShipVia codes we no longer use and changing the codes for some of the ones we still use. i have found that i cannot do this if there has been a transaction associated with the ShipVia code. is there anyway around this?

There are quite a few things like that in Epicor. If there are only one or two transactions, you often can delete those transactions and then delete the record. If that is not an option, you are stuck.

There are however, ways to hide it as an option at least:

If you use Kinetic ship via entry, you can now mark the Ship Via codes inactive (I don’t believe they added that flag in classic). Then they also disappear from the drop down list to pick in kinetic order entry and kinetic customer maintenance.

we are slowly adding the inactive flag to tables. If we were to design a new ERP system from scratch, one of the fields that we would add to every table would be an Inactive flag, and we would also define the rules around “what does inactive mean” for each table. Inactive can mean different things to different tables… it could mean “no future transactions”, or Stop everything…
anyway, on the 2023.2 roadmap (safe harbor) is to have an inactive flag for Ship-To address records, which is higher priority than other record types based on the 99 VOTES it received in Epicor Ideas. (https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ERP-I-1495)