Demand Management -> Forecast

Does anyone know if there’s a way to make forecasts generated from demand entry replace existing forecast if the PO / Part / Dates Match

IE

We get an 830 Forecast Schedule for Part 1234656 On Monday with a Qty: 100
We process that in Demand Entry and Generate the forecast

On Wednesday we get another 830 Same PO / Same Dates same part with a Qty: 60

The way that Epicor seems to be processing its created a total Forecast of 160

But we want just 60 since the 60 was a correctoin to a prior firecast.

GIF by Paramount Movies

We use Demand Entry for most of our schedules and have used Forecast in the past. When I read your post I thought that we did used to use it the way you expect it to work but that was in Vantage. I have managed to find this on another forum from about 6 years ago but can’t verify if it is correct…

In order for a forecast to correctly match, it needs to be processed into Epicor 24 hours later. As an example; if you processed the forecast at 9:00 am the next one should process at 9:00 am the next day. If you process the forecast before that time the totals will be added instead of matched. Our original thought was this was done via the next date the forecast was processed into Epicor, this was apparently incorrect.

There is also a setting in the Company configuration under Modules → Sales → Demand for Cancel Schedules. I was advised to set this to Cancel Releases and not Delete Releases. This will allow you to see the canceled releases for historical purposes.

Thanks Tracy

I was curious about this and haven’t had chance to re-test but I have just reposted Demand into the forecasts that I did last week and it has updated rather than added together so it looks like the 24 hours rule is correct.