MoldingOp05

Resource Group:

Assembly

Resources:

Assembler01

Assembler02

Assembler03

And so on…

When it comes to the MOMs, we assign the Resource Group only so that any of the resources can be used. 

Our machines are done in a similar fashion but with those, we assign the resource itself (the actual press) instead of the group.

Hope this helps.

Bethany Rye
Epicor Business Analyst
PTI Engineered Plastics

I was looking for some advice on a good way to set up these 3 items.  We still have a similar setup as when we went live on Vantage 6 when everything was labeled as machines.  Since the change (in 8, I believe) to resource groups and resources, we have not gone back to update accordingly.

We currently consider our employees the resources and schedule that way.  However, our employees are not associated with a resource group or anything like that.  We have generic resources under our groups (ex. Product Assembler 01)  But, that being said, I am wondering if the following is a good idea and welcome any feedback or expieriences that you may have.

Resources - As stated above, would be our employees.  Most likely not a direct link but continuing down our generic path

Resource Groups - Since the employees are our resources, this would be what we term as departments.  (ex. Saw, Product Assembly, Systems assembly, etc.)

Department - This would just be a grouping mechanism that has some financial impact with the GL numbers linked to them.  I was thinking it should be groups of departments.  An example would be using Fabrication as a department and it would contain the resource groups: Saw, Machine, Weld, etc.

We have been reviewing all of our setups as we head down the path to re implement Epicor instead of just doing an upgrade.  Any advice or examples of what your company is doing or any things to look out for would be much appreciated.

Thank
you in advance!

1 Like