Developer Mode

Happy Monday everyone,

I am new to Epicor and its systems. The lead for Epicor here has provided me with full access to Epicor but I am unable to enter Developer mode to start creating dashboards. She claims she gave me full access but something must be missing.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dan

1 Like

In your user account settings (I think only Security Managers can access User Account Settings), there is a checkbox for Dashboard Developer. Can you have a security manager make sure that is checked? At least that is how it looks for us (we are Public Cloud).

2 Likes

Also, when you are in the Dashboard module, make sure you go to Tools and click on the Developer option.

1 Like

BKen,

My Epicor manager gave me Security Manager rights which allows me to view System Setup > Security Maintenance. Unfortunately I do not see the Tool option in the menu bar… Is there another Permission type I need?

Thanks,

Dan

Because you’re new, there are a few things to understand about the “modes” of dashboard developement.

There are two kinds of dashboards

• Run time - which is like running an interpreted program like BASIC. If you have dashboard developer rights, you can select the Developer mode as shwon in @BKen 's post
  • Assembly (or deployed) - this is a “compiled” version. If the tools menu doesn’t look like the one in @BKen 's post, you’re in a dashboard assembly. You can customize this compiled program if your user has “Customization Privileges”. But to edit the “dashboard”, you want to do that to the “run time” version.

If you’re making a new Dashboard, start by launching the “Dashboard” program.

If you’re changing a dashboard, you probably want to change the “run time” version. Load the dashboard program (see pict below). Then load the dashbaords ID.

1 Like

Ckrusen,

I do not have an option to open Dashboard from Epicor on my computer. We are running 10.2 on prem and I only see the instances we have configured which involve test environments and our live environment. I have the user guide pulled up for Epicor Dashboards and its asking me to visit:

Now, what I am trying to accomplish are dashboards used for gathering reports on our products/scrap through the Epicor system. If the above picture attached is not the correct documentation please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Like

If your user is set as a Sec Manager, then you should be able to see everything. Being a Sec Manger will override any menu securities.

A dashboard needs a BAQ (Business Activity Query - basically the thing that extracts data from the Epicor system). A dashboard is just a UI wrapped around the BAQ’s output. Have you made your BAQ yet?

1 Like

Ckrusen,

According to the documentation I have to create a Dashboard first then I can start new new Query to add in BAQ’s. Attached is the image specifying after a dashboard is created:

Now as for your last previous screen shot I am concerned that I do not have the Dashboard app installed. What is the default icon location for Epicor Dashboard?

Thanks,

Dan

You can create a BAQ first.
Here is where I find Dashboard:

1 Like

This is where I find Business Activity Query:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help BKen and Ckrusen I think I can follow the documentation from here.

Thank you thank you thank you!

1 Like

Hello Brian,
Thank you. I had same issue and your suggestion helped me fix it by making myself a developer

Sid desai