Direct Shipment Customization

Hey everyone, i have a little problem, i made a little customization in Direct Shipment Form

How can i set this custom to load automatically? i dont see Direct Shipment in Menu Maintance, cause this is an action from “Transfer Order Shipment Entry”

no one?

Run the Transfer Order Shipment Entry with Developer Mode enabled… when you invoke that Action a Dialog should popup showing you some information such as Process: etc…

Can you confirm and post that Dialog screenshot here first.

If I recall you then go to Menu Maintenance add that child form under the Process node

Set the Customization Here etc…

Then you go to Process Calling Maintenance
You basically configure a Redirect with the information from the “Dialog” that popped up, point it to your Process that you created in Menu Maintenance

4 Likes

IF you don’t have a Process and it is an actual “Child” If you get no Dialog Message under Developer Mode Showing you the Details, then it won’t have a Process.

Then you have to give the Main Form “Transfer Order Entry” a Customization Layer and change your DirectShipment Layer to be the exact same name as the Transfer Order Entry (The Parent)

Example:
TransferOrderCustom

Then you go to Menu Maintenance and set the Default on Transfer Order Entry and Epicor will pass it to the DirectShipment as long as both Screens have a Customization Layer with the exact same name.

2 Likes

Thanks u hasokeric for the answer here are my test with that:

i have a custom on Transfer Order Shipment Entry, there is where ask me for load that, if u see the “Direct Shipment” customization is not loaded here.

So i load ir or not… i go to “Direct Shipment” on action menu.

After that dont show me any information such a process, directly show me the “select custom dialog” and only the directshipment customization appears.

on resume… child will not work and its not a process. XD

any other idea?

Make a Customization on the Main Form and name it the same as the Child Form DirectShipmentCustom

Ok a will try on some minutes and give my answers

hope this work ^^

i try the solution u give me, dont work:

same name in customizations

menu configures with that custom

the result i want:
when create new line and select partnum on Direct Shipment, put on Warehouse and Bin the PrimWhse and PrimBin that i have in Part (DirectShipmentCustom(child)) do that.
(if we see the FAQ for the field it should work with no custom… but dont do it… set another warehouse and bin)

nothing happen… and if i load the custom manually it work.

Make sure you restart your Epicor Client after setting the Customization value on Transfer Order Shipment Entry

i did, always when u change a menu setting have to restart the app client, cause user menu settings is loaded on start of it…

The only thing I can think of is that the Company must be the same on both Customization Layers, either same Company or both All Company

@Jason_Woods / @josecgomez was it the Customization Layer that had to match between a Parent Form and Child Form when it didnt have a Process or does the Customization Layer have to be the same name as the Parent Program Form Name?

1 Like

@DanB I think you have to mark both Customizations as All Companies then restart Epicor Client. I just tested it on mine and it works.

Pay Attention to Titlebar

ohhh thanks so much! and more for be patient cause of my! now its working!, one more question, how u make the gif “video”? i very usefull!

1 Like
1 Like