Divide 2 numericEditor in Customization

I am creating a mini calculator inside quote form. I have created 3 numeric editors Num1, Num2 and Num3 and created 1 epibutton Calculate. I then want Num3 to capture the result of Num1 and Num2 when Calculate button is click. I am wanting something like. I have no ideas about c# so forgive me if this is a dumb question. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Marianne

Num3.Value = Num1.Value / Num2.Value;

1 Like

Like @MLamkin said. Also, whenever you are doing division, it’s a good idea to check for zero in the denominator beforehand so you don’t throw errors. :wink:

3 Likes

You do know that all numeric editors in epicor have a calculator built in right? If that’s really what you are doing is just making it so they have a calculator.

EDIT : AND anything that you do on the customization layer is going to get blown away in a few years because you’ll be using the new web base UI (whatever they are calling it this minute). So just be aware of that.

2 Likes

Totally agree with @Banderson… be careful to put too much new work in the old UI, because the new UI in Kinetic is your future. The “right-click” in Kinetic to bring up the calculator is NOT yet implemented (but I have heard rumors).

1 Like

Thank you, @Banderson. We are actually looking into moving to Kinetics early next year so appreciate your advise. It’s actually my first time seeing that calculator there, I’ve been using Epicor for like just 6 months, there’s still heaps for me to learn. :slight_smile:

@timshuwy - Is there a list of features that aren’t yet in Kinetic (Spring 2021.1, 11.1.100 however it’s versioned now)?

This would make our migration and gap analysis MUCH easier, instead of going to the company proud “We did it!” and having a manager do their thing and 5 minutes later come back with “But where did XYZ go?”.

I dont have access to such a list… Epicor is a very deep product… some of the greatest “features” that people use were almost undocumented, and found by accident (the calculator… if it is documented, it is obscure to find).

• Some items are simply things that were missed, but pointed out through feedback after kinetic was delivered.
  • Some items were very low usage items that will be phased back in during future releases.

As with any change, there will be some favorite feature that some user “Always used” but nobody else knew about. I think we all remember in 2007 when Microsoft added “Ribbons” to the top of their apps… you would have thought that the world was going to come to an end.

Nah, when they threatened to take away MS Paint for a while there, that was scary. Man, I use that EVERY DAY. And Notepad.

Top 2, baby!

I only use GreenShot for my screen captures… it allows me to add text and graphics to the screenshots. I used to use paint, but got tired of editing individual pixels. MSPaint was never up to the quality of the original “MacPaint” that I learned on my black and white Mac Plus back in 1984.

1 Like

Never tried GreenShot. I mean, sure, Paint is limited, but so is Notepad. That’s the idea - quick and dirty manipulation of a PrtScn or a Ctrl-V of raw text.

Like, with Notepad, if I copy a line of code and then manipulate it, I want to know it won’t turn the quote into a fancy quote, or fix a spelling mistake.

Yeah, there’s Notepad++, etc. but then I have to start a new file, say what the language is, and on and on. But if I click regular Notepad, it opens to a blank raw text file in a split second. Done.

IDK, same with Paint. I usually just want a screen grab for PowerPoint. If Alt +PrtScn can’t hack it and Snipping Tool makes me switch to delay mode to get a pic of a menu, I can just print the whole screen throw it in Paint and select a section of it (Select tool is the first thing that the cursor does on open). Again, it opens straight to a blank file; no New option required.

:scream:
What? Greenshot is the best! I like snag-it too, but that costs money.

Props to whoever mentioned ScreenToGif on this site. That is awesome. Beats a 44-slide PowerPoint presentation any day.

OK, another more detailed rumor is that the Right-Click Calculator feature is not slated to come back to the new UI… “it was used very rarely”, and “Not many people even know about the feature” and “everyone has a calculator” (Hey… my keyboard even has a calculator button that launches the windows calculator feature)… So… if the built-in right-click calculator is REALLY important to a bunch of users, then this could be added to Epicor Ideas page, and if enough people vote for it, then it might back it back into the product.

HEY… I just discovered that this Windoes 10 calculator has LOTS of features… look it has a date calculator, lots of different coversions, etc… wow… need to remember that!

1 Like

How do they even know that? Am I wrong in thinking that the only time feedback gets back to Epicor is when something is wrong? It’s a simple feature that just worked. It reminds me of this story about armoring airplanes coming back from war. The studies showed that the most bullet holes were in wings and other areas, but they forgot to realize that the only airplanes that they could study were the ones that made it back!. I used the calculator all the time when I was doing day to day stuff in engineering workbench.

E10.2.100.x - Telemetry - Collects Data and Sends to Epicor - Experts’ Corner - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Not sure if context menu choices are included… :man_shrugging: