Dmr + cost + backflushing

I have tried to find a solution to my problem. Some of our product goes to Nonconformance for later process. We use the DMR process to place them back into Inventory. This specific DMR part material is causing a big cost differential on our product. I have tried to figure out why is the DMR causing a spike up on the material cost, but the only difference between this product and others is that we have it set up to backflush. Could this be causing the problem? I would greatly appreciate any input on my situation.

Thank you in advance for any help,
Jomary

Hi Jomary, welcome to the group. If you get a chance, Introduce Yourself.

I think we will need more info on this. Are you standard costed or last/average/etc.? Is the job make to stock? Make to order?

You can use Job Status (the dashboard, not the report) to see transactions against the job in one central place, which will help in sleuthing this out.

Jason,

Thank you for your response. We use average cost and the job is for stock. I will look into the Job Status Dashboard, could you provide a screenshot so I know what I am looking for.

Thank you,
Jomary

Hey, sorry I am just seeing this. FYI, it is good practice to @ mention someone (like this @QCMANF) to ensure they see it.

I hate when a report and a screen have the same name, like this. I meant the one in green below.

Also, you can get to it with “Open With” - it has “Dashboard” at the end of the name in that menu.

Anyway, the Part Transactions tab shows not only what went into the job, but what came out and even the variance if applicable (and posted). Job Tracker does this too, but it only does it line by line, not the whole job at once. So I always start here (in Job Status) to see what happened.

@JasonMcD Thank you for your response. I will check this out.
To answer the previous questions, we use the last average cost and the orders are made to stock. I don’t understand why the cost of material goes up when I process the nonconformance of the specific job, I thought the material was already accounted for when the material backflushes at the completion of the job.