DMR Numbers: How are they created?

Thanks fellas! I really feel I am getting closer and closer to the answer on this.

While investigating all day, I found that when a DMR is created it creates a Transaction Type: INS-DMR (Inspection to DMR). I am thinking about avoiding the BPM on this task and inserting logic that incorporates this transaction type.

I have queried the daylights out of this thing, and found EXTREMELY rare instances where one DMR number has multiple INS-DMR transactions. I was hoping to find one INS-DMR Transaction per DMR Number but I didn't. From what I've seen, 8 out of every 1,000 DMR numbers have multiple INS-DMR transactions. Extremely rare, but it worries me. Why do you think there would be multiple INS-DMR transactions for one DMR number? User error, editing?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:
>
> The dmr is actually created while in inspection processing or rma disposition (which is really another iteration of inspection processing) if the disposition is fail…
>
> Rob Bucek
> Production Control Manager
> PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> Mobile: (715)896-4832
> FAX: (715)284-4084
> [Description: cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> (Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Wagner
> Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 11:31 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: DMR Numbers: How are they created?
>
>
>
> RMAs use a different program, RMA Processing, which is where you create the RMA (for a particular sales order or you do not have to specifiy an order). RMA Receipts are used on the same program to receive against the RMA. Once the RMA has been received, you use the RMA disposition processing to determine if you want to fail or accept the RMA (you can also launch RMA disposition from inspection processing)
>
> If the RMA disposition is failed it will also create the DMR Record
>
> ________________________________
> From: chan213419 <chan213419@...<mailto:chan213419%40yahoo.com>>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Friday, September 7, 2012 12:11 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: DMR Numbers: How are they created?
>
>
> Thanks very much for your input. It has helped a lot! So when a DMR number is created it just flags a particular part that has failed. Then DMR numbers are used to eventually create an RMA. Is that correct?
>
> --- In mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@> wrote:
> >
> > DMRs are created when you fail a part from inspection processing and click save, the DMR number is then created sequentially
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: chan213419 <chan213419@>
> > To: mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Friday, September 7, 2012 11:20 AM
> > Subject: [Vantage] DMR Numbers: How are they created?
> >
> >
> > Â
> > I am trying to develop a BPM that will populate the system date for when a DMR number IS FIRST CREATED.
> >
> > I have searched to find the process where the number is created and cannot find anything. I open the "DMR Processing" screen and there I can only get existing DMR numbers. I cannot create new DMRs... am I in the wrong application? What screen is used to CREATE a DMR number?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
I am trying to develop a BPM that will populate the system date for when a DMR number IS FIRST CREATED.

I have searched to find the process where the number is created and cannot find anything. I open the "DMR Processing" screen and there I can only get existing DMR numbers. I cannot create new DMRs... am I in the wrong application? What screen is used to CREATE a DMR number?
DMRs are created when you fail a part from inspection processing and click save, the DMR number is then created sequentially

Sent: Friday, September 7, 2012 11:20 AM
Subject: [Vantage] DMR Numbers: How are they created?

Â
I am trying to develop a BPM that will populate the system date for when a DMR number IS FIRST CREATED.

I have searched to find the process where the number is created and cannot find anything. I open the "DMR Processing" screen and there I can only get existing DMR numbers. I cannot create new DMRs... am I in the wrong application? What screen is used to CREATE a DMR number?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Thanks very much for your input. It has helped a lot! So when a DMR number is created it just flags a particular part that has failed. Then DMR numbers are used to eventually create an RMA. Is that correct?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@...> wrote:
>
> DMRs are created when you fail a part from inspection processing and click save, the DMR number is then created sequentially
>
>
>
> From: chan213419 <chan213419@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Friday, September 7, 2012 11:20 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] DMR Numbers: How are they created?
>
>
> ÂÂ
> I am trying to develop a BPM that will populate the system date for when a DMR number IS FIRST CREATED.
>
> I have searched to find the process where the number is created and cannot find anything. I open the "DMR Processing" screen and there I can only get existing DMR numbers. I cannot create new DMRs... am I in the wrong application? What screen is used to CREATE a DMR number?
>
>
>
>
>
RMAs use a different program, RMA Processing, which is where you create the RMA (for a particular sales order or you do not have to specifiy an order). RMA Receipts are used on the same program to receive against the RMA. Once the RMA has been received, you use the RMA disposition processing to determine if you want to fail or accept the RMA (you can also launch RMA disposition from inspection processing)
Â
If the RMA disposition is failed it will also create the DMR Record

Sent: Friday, September 7, 2012 12:11 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: DMR Numbers: How are they created?

Â
Thanks very much for your input. It has helped a lot! So when a DMR number is created it just flags a particular part that has failed. Then DMR numbers are used to eventually create an RMA. Is that correct?

--- In mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@...> wrote:
>
> DMRs are created when you fail a part from inspection processing and click save, the DMR number is then created sequentially
>
>
>
> To: mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
>
>
> ÂÂ
> I am trying to develop a BPM that will populate the system date for when a DMR number IS FIRST CREATED.
>
> I have searched to find the process where the number is created and cannot find anything. I open the "DMR Processing" screen and there I can only get existing DMR numbers. I cannot create new DMRs... am I in the wrong application? What screen is used to CREATE a DMR number?
>
>
>
>
>

The dmr is actually created while in inspection processing or rma disposition (which is really another iteration of inspection processing) if the disposition is fail…

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Wagner
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 11:31 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: DMR Numbers: How are they created?

RMAs use a different program, RMA Processing, which is where you create the RMA (for a particular sales order or you do not have to specifiy an order). RMA Receipts are used on the same program to receive against the RMA. Once the RMA has been received, you use the RMA disposition processing to determine if you want to fail or accept the RMA (you can also launch RMA disposition from inspection processing)

If the RMA disposition is failed it will also create the DMR Record

Sent: Friday, September 7, 2012 12:11 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: DMR Numbers: How are they created?

--- In mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@...> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> To: mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
>
>
> Â
>
>
>
>
>
>