DMT - Export Correct Column Labels from BAQ

Good morning,
I am working on exporting all the fields in the part operation and part material tables. I setup two BAQs to pull the materials then the operations. DMT requires the fields labels to be the same as the internal field name. However, the bAQ editor creates its own helpful names for the field labels. Is there a hidden option to get the BAQ to export the actual field names instead of the ‘friendly’ labels?
I am doing this manually by changing the labels one by one.
Thanks!
Nate

I haven’t found any way to do this. Please vote! https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KNTC-I-2491

2 Likes

Are we sure that BAQ to DMT is the best route to go? Have we looked at Epicor functions? You have way more control on export and import.

What’s the business problem?

We haven’t considered functions for this. I just had the DMT training session with Epicor, and we went over exporting part masters and reimporting them with updated values. In our case, we are replacing operations, so we have to DMT delete the operations, then DMT import the operations. Exporting all the necessary data with a BAQ is a fast and simple way to get the data out. I just had to go through and manually update the field labels.

I am exporting every field I can for comparison before and after I rework the part master. I want to make sure that the DMT captures every thing. Since I am not very familiar with it yet, I wanted to run it as open as possible.

My coworker just found a great solution using the DMT through command lines with a batch file. Run: C:\Epicor\ERPDT\Client-Pilot\DMT.exe /? to see the parameters that can be used with the DMT in command line.

There is a parameter in the DMT command line called -UseFieldNames. If you export your BAQ this way, it will automatically include the correct field names instead of labels. This batch file can be used to export the data I need.

SET /P PW=Enter password 
echo %PW%
start C:\Epicor\ERPDT\Client-Pilot\DMT.exe -User=name -Pass=%PW% -Export -BAQ="baqName" -Target="C:\temp\001.csv" -NoUI -UseFieldNames
pause

Has anyone else discovered this? Is there any reason we shouldn’t use it? Thanks!
Nate

4 Likes

Yep, used it and it works great.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I wish they had that option available for odata.