Report Column Headers - CSV

• I’ve created a BAQ with the column titles that I want. They appear correctly when I run the BAQ.
  • Created a BAQ report
  • Edited report in MS Builder
  • Column titles appear correctly when printed as pdf
  • Column titles appear as the field names when I print as csv. ShipHead_ShipDate, etc.

Is there a way to make the column titles appear as I want them when exported to csv?

Do you have the DMT? With this you can export a BAQ with labels instead of column headers.
DMT - Export Correct Column Labels from BAQ - Kinetic 202X - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)
Otherwise, I don’t think this is possible. I would love to hear that I am wrong!
Good Luck!
Nate

How do calculated field’s names show in the CSV output? If the name is maintained, you could create all the built-in fields as calculated fields :face_vomiting:

If the CSV export allows for excluding the header row, you could make the BAQ be a union of sub-query that returns 1 row (with the values set to the column names you want to appear), and the original BAQ. (that’s barely slightly less ugly)

It shows up as [calculated_field] rather than the actual name.

It’s a relatively temporary issue, so they’ll just have to copy/paste the line with the correct names after export. I had hoped it was an easy fix. :laughing:

Instead of CSV use the Excel output.

1 Like

Thanks! That might work. It’s an upload and I don’t know what’ll change when it’s saved as csv, but they can figure that out. :wink: