DMT License PSA

Version 10.X / 2022.2 → 2023.1

Tips:

In 2023.1 the standalone DMT license is fully depreciated. It worked thru 2022.2.

Request a new license file from Wayfinder in advance to avoid a delay.

5 Likes

And remember to enable DMT on the User Account for those who will use DMT.

3 Likes

Yo I had this happen and asked for a new license for my company, that’s the license you’re referring to right? The one you bind to the app server?

-Utah

Yes, I was testing an issue with Cash Receipts in 23.1 and DMT would not let me login even with the license file in the folder.

Honestly I should have done it a couple of years ago, but I just kept using the file.

1 Like

Yes, I had that same exact thing happen Greg… I was DMTing a ton in 2022.2 and then all of a sudden I wasn’t licensed haha

I had no clue what happened I just requested another license file to see if that would fix it.

Prior to 2023.1, they only gave us a stand-alone license for the DMT in the SaaS environment. Prior to that I worked for a company where our servers were on-prem, and the DMT license was included in the ERP license.

At least they’re finally being consistent with how it’s licensed. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I will say that is nice, no double lic file.

1 Like

I think the first time I used the regular license instead of the DMT .lic file was in 10.2.500 IIRC… It’s been a long time coming!

1 Like

For me it was 10.2.400, that was the version we upgraded our 9.05 to, at my last company.

It’s better having it in the ERP license, as every update/upgrade deletes the stand-alone license out of the client directory (Epicor Cloud team never puts the license into the server folder that the client files download from - which was just as well, as I would never give carte blanche access to the DMT tool to any and all users).

As you stated earlier, it is important for people to know that the User Account needs to be updated for the DMT users with the ERP License (which also provides better control and visibility to who has access to it).

2 Likes

Yeah that is nice.

how do I set DMT? My users use the DMT, but the DMT option is greyed out in the user account maintenance options.

Is there somewhere else it is setup ?
Pierre

1 Like

In EpicCare on the home page there is wayfinder. You need to go there and find the wizard for I need a copy of a license I already own and they will issue you a new file with DMT in it. After you load that license and enable the DMT module, restart the app server and if all is aligned in life you will get the DMT option.

2 Likes

Verify that the DataManagementTool module is both licensed and enabled.
If not licensed, follow Greg Payne’s instructions for getting an updated license from Epicor.
If licensed but not enabled, enable it.

Then the checkbox in User Account Security Maintenance should become available for you.