DMT: not all options available to different users

I have a user who has essentially all security group access (but is not a security manager) who does not have the PO Receipts menu option in DMT. I’ve made sure they are an authorized user for the 1 buyer we have, but that didn’t change anything. There is no special security specified on Receipt Entry. Any ideas why this user doesn’t have access via DMT to PO Receipts? This is on DMT 4.0.28.0 for 10.1.600

I should also note: the user has access to Receipt Entry in the Epicor application but not in the DMT. This would make me believe it’s not a security related issue

Actually, the security model is the same. If you go to the search screen and search the Menu space for “Receipt”, you see they DO have access. Blocking the menu-path does not block the command. If there’s a way to block in the DMT (without a new userID), I’d be interested!

Mark W.

Hey Mark
I’m at a loss with this one. Both users have full access to create POs and receive them, but neither has access to the PO Receipts Combined template in DMT.
I would assume that if the security model is the same, then we would be looking at BO level security, of which I have none.
I tried logging into DMT as one of those users from my machine and they did not have the access we are looking for, so it’s definitely security related.
Hmm…

Ran into this again after an upgrade from 10.2.100 to 10.2.200. Users have full access in the system for PO Receipts, but they don’t have the menu option in DMT. I feel like I’m going crazy this week!

Any ideas?

We have exactly the same problem. Does anyone have an answer to this one?

Sounds like a DMT issue if multiple people are seeing problems.

But, I would check the different menus. You know for like “Part Maintenance”, it appears in about 15 different places - DMT would probably be looking at one of these, not all of them. I think that this probably doesn’t apply to Receipt Entry, as I think it’s probably only listed on the menu once but I’m not in front of E10 at present.

Thanks Mark,
The user definitely has access to the menu item “receipt entry” but not the DMT options for PO Receipt? I suspect a user rights issue but I don’t understand what it might be?

I know this is an old issue, but does anyone know what the correct set of permissions are to do the PO Receipt via DMT? I have tried some of the obvious stuff by I am still stumped as to what is not set correctly.

I found this in an EpiCare article. You need to go under the Data Collection-> Handheld menu to get the right PO Receipt menu item to tie to the DMT.

1 Like