DMT Strange Behavior

Running DMT for 10.1.400.18
And no matter which config I pick in the “Top” dropdown, the URL below doesn’t change to match it

Then if I try to log in I get an error that says “Username not provided”,… only work around is to remove all the configs except the one I want to use, then ti works… then switch them in and out as needed.

Any ideas what could be causing this @Edge? I tried deleting all the DMT related files, and re-downloading it. I also cleared the cache and removed the user.config form LocalData

I also tried running as admin , and not running as admin, removing the Read Only flag in the Folder etc…

Same here

I wish it would open at last window size instead of full screen every time :frowning:

I had a some what similar problem before.

My issue was the SSO was enabled, so the window above would appear, but the environment “GOLDEN” (a default built into DMT??) would be selected. Because SSO was enabled it would automatically try to connect, and would fail.

I searched high and low for where this data might be stored (in a file, in the registry, etc …), but no luck.

I had to open the Demo DB, and adjust the preferences.

BTW - I can type anything into the password box and it connects just fine. Go figure …

Yeah we don’t have a demo DB configured… I did see “GOLDEN” but it dissapeared after I cleared the cache and such

FWIW - here’s what Epicor suggested (as if you wouldn’t have thought of it on your own)

This looks like an installation problem.

Could you please try downloading and installing based on the following instructions?
If you continue experiencing issues, we can check through a remote session.

> Security features have been implemented to the FTP site, it will be required to access it via FileZilla FTP Client. See attached instructions to download and use FileZilla FTP Client.

> 1.            Download DMT.
> You will need to download DMT once again, but this time from the following FTP site:

> ftp:// ftpemea.epicor.com/8.03

> Username: ExternalDMT
> Password: XXXXXXXX
>  
> Please download the latest DMT release for your Vantage/Epicor version.

> 2.            Identify the 'client' folder.

> Select any of the shortcuts that you use to launch your Vantage/Epicor application (Training/Test/Pilot/Production) and right click for Properties. The 'client' path will be identified in the 'Start In' portion. 
> Open this 'client' using Windows Explorer/File Explorer (not Internet Explorer).
> 3.            Remove old DMT files.

> Delete the following files from the 'client' folder:

> .             DMT.exe
> .             Epicor.DMT.Lib.dll
> .             DMT.user.ConfigAppSettings (if any)

> You should only keep your DMT License file (*.lic).
> 4.            Extract the contents from the file downloaded in step # 1 into the 'client' folder identified in step # 2.

> 5.            Create a shortcut for the 'DMT.exe' item and send it to your Desktop.
> Simply select the 'DMT.exe' item and right click your mouse.
> Select the Send To/Desktop (create shortcut) option.

> 6.       Double click on the shortcut that was created on your Desktop to access DMT.
> Please let me know if you have additional questions regarding this Call.
> Please notify whenever this Call can be closed.

Yeah we’ve tried all that :(, thanks though

Just curious … Does 4.0.12.0 run okay in command line mode?

Haven’t tried

I made a copy of the shortcut that launches DMT and changed the target and Start-in paramters to another valid App Environment. On initial launch of this shortcut I get the “GOLDEN” environment as the default.

I can select a different environment (the one the shortcut actually points to) and it logins okay.

After that initial login, I exit DMT. Subsequent logins start with the dialog box having the correct Environment and connection URL

YES this is still with version 4.0.8.0

But I’m guessing whatever caused this for me, migh carry on to ver 4.0.12.0 too

FWIW, I was at 4.0.10.0, and it was working correctly where the connection
URL updated with the Environment selection. Then I upgraded to 4.0.12.0,
because it prompted me too, and now it does not work.

Thanks,

Norman Hutchins
System Administrator
Howell Laboratories, Inc.

Hello everyone,

I came across your post yesterday and reported it to our dev dept, the issue was found and should now hopefully be resolved. You all just need to run a the DMT auto update.

Thanks,

Neil

3 Likes

Thanks Neil!

Yes we picked this up and now it’s been corrected.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

3 Likes