Docstar (ECM) System Requirements

Here you go Buddy:

Invoke-Sqlcmd (SqlServer)

1 Like

You sir, @Mark_Wonsil , are the man! Thank you kindly!

Iā€™ll post back when I come up with a solid set of scripts.

Mike, that sounds like a good path. Since we already have the foreign key depending on the doc type, pretty sure we can grab the other metadata we want through a workflow or sql query. Then all that is left is to get it into docstar.

Mike have you started the import, they are saying to allocate 500GB to 1 TB database size on the sql serverā€¦

@MikeGross what about a testing docstar environment? Do you have one configured?

Dang - I would not do that unless I was archiving the Library of Congress. The Index/Metadata is all text so itā€™s footprint is tiny. I would, at most, allocate 250MB for my ECM database and 100 for my IDC database with 20% logfile size. The mdf should autogrow at 50MB, unlimited, and the log should as well, but limited to 100. The app just doesnā€™t use that much logfile space but with a giant import it might if it doesnā€™t checkpoint at some point.

Yep have one, complete mirror including IDC. Just ask customer service for a second DEV license key. :slight_smile:

NOTE: This is where I learned about exporting and importing of workflows and how they bring over EVERYTHING and overwrite stuff. When you export a test workflow and import it into Prod, it pulls in all the metadata, DB connections datalinks, everything. So be very careful!!!

They charge you for that testing key?

Nope. Dev keys are free if you ask nicely. :slight_smile:

ahaā€¦

I hate to raise the dead here. But this topic is right on what we are thinking about.

We are being quoted for ECM which now includes IDC. (Edit I guess IDC is not included). We are trying to identify the hidden costs. Namely the server(s) required. The ECM Minimum Requirements doc I was sent by my CAM suggests we need only the storage server and maybe an IDC server. I am trying to figure out why that is. We are cloud DT, so our data is all offsite. However, I guess any scanning data stays onsite by Epicor rules. So, we now need a server here at our office. Do we need two servers? One for ECM and one for IDC? If we are already quoting for a new server, can the two be combined?

Does anyone else have any input regarding hidden costs associated with starting up ECM?

Hey Nate - Iā€™m not sure about the whole Cloud DT thing, but Iā€™ll try and answer.

The usual method for scanning devices is to drop PDFs into a file folder. That folder needs to be accessible by the IDC ā€œInput serviceā€ or the ECM Client. So this really sounds like it needs to be local for you.

If you do everything via email, then thatā€™s different. The IDC Email Service and ECM Clients can work via email without any local copy of the files. Even MFC devices can email instead of dropping PDFs, so that might be the solution.

Although IDC ā†’ ECM is still a file-drop scenario, so if youā€™re including IDC then it may still need to be onsite.

Sorry - I guess thatā€™s all I have b/c I donā€™t know the limitations of Cloud DT.

2 Likes