Docstar / Epicor ECM Forms

Anyone using Docstar Forms?

I’m creating a form, that allows users to select information from Dropdowns (using Datalinks to get information from Epicor). I’m trying to workout how to clear/reset related fields / selections if they change a dropdown. i.e. Change customer, the form resets/clears the invoice selection etc.

Trying to get information drop Docstar support and no help.

Thanks.

@neil_shilson I am just getting started with DS and have not done any forms, but I have found a ton of good tips on the Epicor Learning Center. It uses the same logon as EpicWeb. After logon you should get a DocStar or Kinetic choice. A lot of the same videos come up if you enter DocStar Forms in the EpicCare KB search window.

https://erpcustomer.epicor.com/lms/home

Yes, I’ve used the learning center. But it only covers basic elements, once you start to do more with Docstar - I find the documentation does not exist and support say. you need to pay for consulting.

@neil_shilson We’ve only made a basic form to play with it, but we’re not using any forms yet. Having said that, in looking at it the sample forms and controls in more detail, I just do not see any way to tie two controls together, let alone script any sort of triggered refresh/filter.

I’m slightly disappointed in that the forms have so little that can be customized, given that the samples are for workflows that would be highly customized in normal circumstances.

1 Like

You can tie typehead or dropdown type datalinks to fields in the content builder, so this way you can filter fields based on prior selections. But its the clear/reset I’m having the issue with.

Let me know if you need any help with the filtering type fields.

interesting - didn’t think of it that way. I was trying to apply the more typical ‘code’ approach :slight_smile:

We’ve got a bunch of datalinks and workflows that are all pretty linear, but I can see a need for something like this pretty soon as we’ve started considering if DS forms would work, or if we need to do an Epicor UI custom form. I must have missed this info on typeahead and referencing other fields in the content builder docs.

Got any hints, pdf page #'s, or screen shots to give me a head start?