Does Epicor have an audit trail feature?

We are looking to track changes made to sales order (who did what, when). Is there a normal process to follow to track this sort of information?

Thank you.

-Adam

Change Log tracking per Module and System Activity Tracking in Company Maintenance. But there isn’t a System Wide Setting

1 Like

In E9 you use BAMs Business Activity Manager to set fields to be tracked. Track only what you need. I was always cautioned that you did not want to track all fields everywhere.

You can also use BAMs to send an alert on a change.

If you enable Book Sales Orders in Company config, ‘important’ changes like Who, when, part, Qty & amount are tracked in the Booking Details tab of each Order Line.

if you need more detail than that, then BAM’s would be your answer, but then you need to decide what all to track and you don’t want to track everything.

2 Likes

Actually on the Line/Book Details tab in the Sales order Epicor will
already do this for you. There is also a default checkbox on the company
maintenance form which says “book sales orders” which allows these changes
to be tracked

Mark Wagner
Sr. Partner

Capstone Alliance Partners 888.597.2227 Ext. 71
<888.597.2227%20Ext.%20714>2 | 904.412.6847 mwagner@capstoneap.com (cell)
| www.capstoneap.com

A word of caution about the Book Details process. It is very sensitive to the “Ready To Process” flag. The records are not written until that flag is checked. The calculation is based on the unshipped quantity on the order. So we found, if a user unchecks the Ready To Process flag (for what reason, I do not know) and then rechecks it, it will reduce the booking total to zero for any line that is already shipped on the sales order. There is no way to change these records (in an Epicor-approved manner) once they are written. I’m not sure about other versions but it is definitely true for 10.0.700.4.

A different Mark W.

2 Likes

Thank you for the insight on “Book Sales Orders”. From the looks of it, however, this feature ONLY tracks changes to qty and price at the line level of the sales order… nothing is tracked at the header level (i.e. who put an order on hold)??

Thanks again.

That is correct. For that you would use your standard BPM Logging, which doesn’t give you an easy to track quantity and value change.

Mark W.

You can also turn on logging for all the order header, order detail, and
order release fields through the BPM logging capability. When those fields
change you will then be able to see them in the log viewer in the sales
order icon = view log

Mark Wagner
Sr. Partner

| www.capstoneap.com

You both referenced “BPM Logging”. This is something different than BAM? Is this part of v9?

Thank you.

BAM in E9, in E10 BAMs have been merged into the BPM framework.

Sorry, it was BAM in E9, in E10 they moved it under BPM logging

Mark Wagner
Sr. Partner

| www.capstoneap.com