Don't do it man!

These are all great practices.

“Our Inventory GL Acct doesn’t match the Stock Status Report, so we’re constantly doing Journal Entries to fix it.”

“Oh, we don’t need POs… we just use a credit card”

1 Like

“Can you add a filter on the WIP report so that all the jobs that have had no work on them in the past month are HIDDEN? Those jobs aren’t in WIP anymore, and we just want them to go away.”…
(I did NOT do this… but I discovered the consequences - I found the nicely commented line of code in the report that filtered the WIP… Results: $4.5 million of “hidden wip” was never reconciled from the GL… WIP was growing every day… WIP was out of balance. This amounted to 3+ years of losses being taken in one month… which resulted in the COO being fired for not noticing that WIP was growing.)

3 Likes

Do you work here? I had these exact conversations last month.

“I saw all the red highlighting on the cycle count dashboard you made and I know you’ve been doing this for years, but I assumed you were wrong and I was right, so I posted thousands of dollars or inventory gains/losses. Now, can you tell me why Epicor says we have more on hand than we really do? WHY DID EPICOR DO THIS?”

2 Likes

“Can you modify the bookings report so that it doesn’t show the cancellations? We don’t like cancelations affecting our bookings.” (Said the person who was paid based on new bookings, and who went in on the last day of the month every month, and created a booking to meet his goal, and on the first day of every month, canceled the booking.)

1 Like

“When the job is complete, can’t you just make a packslip automatically, and mark it as “Shipped”… we always ship everything we make, and we don’t like all that paperwork.” (My Question: how do I know when to mark it as “Shipped”… their answer: “Well, it should just know”. This is when I pulled out the amazing EMR Module (“Epicor Mind Reader”.))

3 Likes

“We take photocopies of the front and back of every credit card, and store it here in this file so that next time someone orders something, we dont have to ask for the credit card again.” (AHHHHH… RUN!)

We still do this.

This is where IoT could come in. Sense that it is all out the door and mark it as shipped… EMR but IoT

1 Like

Has anyone tested EMR on Kinetic yet? :upside_down_face:

Not yet, heard it has pretty large support fees though.

I keep looking for the “I feel lucky” button like on a Google search…

2 Likes