[ Download ] Epicor 10.2 & Kinetic .CHM Schema

Thanks @hkeric.wci.

1 Like

But the ‘Ctrl-F’ only works on the one field you have in the detail view at a tim. Correct?

Correct, but you can go to the Search tab and do *wildcard * searches.

Thank you

1 Like

many thanks @hkeric.wci this is awesome

1 Like

2019-02-16_0147

Epicor 10.2.300 SSRS .CHM

Power-up your Due Diligence Game with this .CHM. When combined with the Schema CHM you become a force to be reckoned with. You are no longer an Analyst, but THE Analyst.

The Link is the same as above, I added it to the Folder, just in-case:

Thank you for flying with E10Help. Consider being a Patreon to support the Hosting fees of this project, Jose and other Mods would appreciate it =) Enjoy.

7 Likes

How are these created? Any way for users (us the admins, not end users) to create these so they include our UD fields, and custom SSRS reports?

1 Like

I can write a post about it… In a Nutshell the SSRS was simple I used Apex SQL Doc. But when it comes to the Database - tools like Apex/RedGate read the MS_Description property which is a metadata column in SQL and Epicors database does not have those set, so I wrote a Script that sets them by reading from their ZDataTable Table. Once you have set them, then you can use again any SQL Doc tool out there.

You can get the Trial of Apex or RedGate and give it a try see which one you like SQL Database documentation tool | ApexSQL
Database Documentation Generator For SQL Server | SQL Doc

So In Simple Terms, Yes it will pickup _UD Tables and Columns.

4 Likes

This is crazy.

not much to do in Michigan when its snowing like crazy. :slight_smile: plus it was the only way to get @MikeGross and @carlosqt to visit the forums, again.

2 Likes

@hkeric.wci Anyway to view all the tables a field is used in? Similar to what my screen shot shows? This is showing all the Tables the ‘OrderQty’ field is used in.

Thanks

Just type it into the Search Tab

2019-02-19_1355

1 Like

Ha! Simple enough!

1 Like

Thank you this is beautiful.

1 Like

You are all welcome and thank you for all your contributions in other ways to the community. When 10.2.400 is released I’ll generate updated ones.

1 Like

See if you can build a cross ref site from the data model source. Even better a tool that anyone can run against the edmx meta data and generate their own personalized site LOL. I’ll host the new site at my epidd.wcibags.com host over the old E9 one.

%temp%\Epicor\DataModelGenerator\Source

2 Likes

Epicor 10.2.400 & 10.2.500 Schema .CHM

I also moved the CHMs into a more generic folder name.

Reminder

Remember that on Windows 10 you must right click on the properties of the file and Unblock it and for Windows 7 you must uncheck the Ask Me security checkbox on the Run Dialog. Also don’t run it from an UNC Path - WinHelp Bugs - or you will get Blank Content.

Lastly, this is for educational purposes only. Use it as your sidekick to easily lookup column names and their purpose.

13 Likes

Right Click on it Property and Unblock it

3 Likes

@joerojas don’t forget to download the data dictionary… I didn’t make a 600 or 700 yet I’ve been just using the .500 the schema didnt change much.

1 Like

Thanks @hkeric.wci, Your Schemas come very handy, especially for people like me who dabble in Epicor BPMs without having the skills required to go into full-fledged code writing.

Vinay Kamboj